US politics (8 Viewers)

it's a bit like that IRA jab at margaret thatcher - 'we only have to get lucky once, you've to be lucky all the time'; a Good Guy With A Gun has to get his aim right but the Bad Guy With The Gun doesn't need to worry nearly as much.

I'm LOL-ing at Trump turning on the NRA in the past 24 hours. It's 100% because he realized that now all the cool kids in class are anti-NRA and he wants to be in their gang, plus they'd been ignoring him.

this article is an interesting read

Qatar Refused to Invest in Kushner’s Firm. Then, He Backed a Blockade of Qatar.

it is on conflict of interest for Jared Kushner, according to this, prior to the Saudi Arabian blockade of Qatar in april 2018, Qatar had turned down a prospectus for investment in a troubled property that he had originally invested $500million of his family fortune and borrowed $1.3billion in borrowed funds to pay for in 2007. this is due to be repaid in 2019 and it is no wear near worth that money, heck it wasn't worth it in 2007 so definitely not now.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Yeah it's terrific. Although New York is a bit of an outlier when it comes to the States.

A mate of mine who lives there, though he's in Brooklyn I think so not one of her constituents, and who thinks she's great was explaining to me how the weird way they do primaries in New York helped her a bit because they have primaries for federal offices at a different time of year to state ones (they're in September) so she only needed to muster the votes to beat the number of people who were motivated to vote for Joe Crowley in a primary. As opposed to if everything was at the same time where you might get more people out who might go "oh sure, I'll vote for the incumbent."

I've read some of her policies, a raving Trot she isn't, mostly fairly reasonable stuff IMO.

I do wonder though if she could be the start of a dem tea party thing where centrist or moderate incumbent congress people in safe seats become more at risk from a primary challenge from the party wings than an opponent from a different party in the general elections.

although this, although that

You sound like me, stop that lads. This is good news, lets just take the victory, this could be the start of something great!

She says it is. So it must be.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back