US politics (1 Viewer)

There are so many of these vox pops out there now so many people believing the same wild conspiracy theories. It's all rather sad.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I saw our own Donie O'Sullivan make an interesting point about Q anon & other conspiracy beliefs.
If you can look passed all the craziness it's about feeling part of a community, belonging, being part of something important. Giving people a sense of purpose. You can make a difference. Its constantly evolving. There is always more to learn & investigate. And its a social thing. People make friends online & at the protests.

Last edited:
The base level alpha male portrayal of Trump in these pictures cracks me up.
Real simple minded shit.

I know - I have to go back every few months to marvel at it.

No fucking eagles though - I mean the motorbike one needs a fucking eagle - i kinda wonder is there some qanon shit about eagles i've not heard. It is amazing though, and not a hint of irony or homo eroticism self awareness of eh, touch with reality or whatever. Its fascinating

I saw our own Donie O'Sullivan make an interesting point about Q anon & other conspiracy beliefs.
If you can look passed all the craziness it's about feeling part of a community, belonging, being part of something important. Giving people a sense of purpose. You can make a difference. Its constantly evolving. There is always more to learn & investigate. And its a social thing. People make friends online & at the protests.
Yes, the paedophile cabal who are clever enough to run the entire world from their child murder dungeon have conveniently left a fun scavanger hunt behind them where if you follow enough clues on the internet you can work out their plan and take them down. It's an incredible oversight on their behalf in all honesty.

They also lose lots of friends too as more and more people try not to get caught up in whatever it is they’ve fallen into. But that probably adds to the community feeling of them against us

Yes, the paedophile cabal who are clever enough to run the entire world from their child murder dungeon have conveniently left a fun scavanger hunt behind them where if you follow enough clues on the internet you can work out their plan and take them down. It's an incredible oversight on their behalf in all honesty.
I saw a doc about fake news a few weeks ago. that place Comet Pizza in D.C. doesn't even have a basement.
the twit who went in with a rifle must have felt like an awful eejit.

they interviewed the restaurant owner who was heartbroken about what happened and wanted to close the place but customers asked him to stay open and not have security, as before.
the owner and the staff member interviewed were both gay and there was a lot of homophobia behind the business being targeted.

analysis of social media discourse showed it was simply whispers and rumors upon rumors steadily going out of control into fantastical nonsense.

I saw a doc about fake news a few weeks ago. that place Comet Pizza in D.C. doesn't even have a basement.
I can pretty much guarantee you that he did not.

they interviewed the restaurant owner who was heartbroken about what happened and wanted to close the place but customers asked him to stay open and not have security, as before.
the owner and the staff member interviewed were both gay and there was a lot of homophobia behind the business being targeted.

analysis of social media discourse showed it was simply whispers and rumors upon rumors steadily going out of control into fantastical nonsense.
Right now everything is just screaming about "CRT." They're all just mindless UNFREE DRONES parroting whatever scam Tucker Carlson is selling this week.

I can pretty much guarantee you that he did not.

Right now everything is just screaming about "CRT." They're all just mindless UNFREE DRONES parroting whatever scam Tucker Carlson is selling this week.

for the record this was the documentary I mentioned:

why are trailers made in this silly bombast style (shitty OOT music etc)?

after this finished guess what automatically came on next on youtube... Tucker Carlson on Fox.
I haven't watched Fox News much for about four years but it seems more extreme than ever

As far as I can work out Tucker Carlson would win the next US election if he went for it; the most popular show on the most popular channel where he spends his entire time saying the crazies on the "left" want to indoctrinate your kids into woke Marxism. Only Trump could defeat him.

As far as I can work out Tucker Carlson would win the next US election if he went for it; the most popular show on the most popular channel where he spends his entire time saying the crazies on the "left" want to indoctrinate your kids into woke Marxism. Only Trump could defeat him.
Bill O'Reilly was still Fox's main man when I was watching it regularly. also Greta whats her name, hadn't fallen out with them yet.
Carslon's ability to look gravely serious when talking nonsense in amazing.

Bill O'Reilly was still Fox's main man when I was watching it regularly. also Greta whats her name, hadn't fallen out with them yet.
Carslon's ability to look gravely serious when talking nonsense in amazing.
Yes! :ROFLMAO:

OIP.qKMQAVeFhEkIjSZb2Oc66QHaEK

I was in that place a few times.

I can't remember exactly, I thought there was a door on the left that I assumed led down to a basement. Most of those places had basements.
It's a big place. I think you could get beer in there, or possibly buy beer next door. I did one of those "Jesus I'm starving, I'll get a beer and a bit of pizza" ones, where you get the beer, neck the beer while waiting for the pizza because you're hungry, get another beer, neck that beer too while you're waiting for the pizza to cool off a bit, then realise you're blitzed on two drinks and you have to settle down with your pizza which you're not even that bothered about now.

I was in that place a few times.

I can't remember exactly, I thought there was a door on the left that I assumed led down to a basement. Most of those places had basements.
It's a big place. I think you could get beer in there, or possibly buy beer next door. I did one of those "Jesus I'm starving, I'll get a beer and a bit of pizza" ones, where you get the beer, neck the beer while waiting for the pizza because you're hungry, get another beer, neck that beer too while you're waiting for the pizza to cool off a bit, then realise you're blitzed on two drinks and you have to settle down with your pizza which you're not even that bothered about now.
if you watch that HBO documentary I posted the trailer for the section on Comet Pizzagate is mostly from 13:00-27:00. @22:00 the owner talks about day of the attack.
@ 23:30 at the back of the restaurant is a small storage area (now this may actually be in a basement but it's unclear - sorry if I was wrong). the gun man's arrest is shown on police cams @ 25:30.
the Comet Pizza conspiracy is the main focus and is regularly returned to during the doc.

@ 52:00 guy talks about creating a fake pro Republican, Christian anti alcohol online campaign that was designed to put people off voting for the Republican candidate in the Albabama governors election, which the Democrat guy won by a small margin.

Alex Jones getting himself banned from Twitter @ 1:23:15

I am not on social media so I didn't know much about Pizzagate or Alex Jones until a few months ago.
any sane person wouldn't believe this crap for a second or would at least do some fact checking before forming an opinion??!!

digression -
you actually couldn't get pizzas in Ireland in the 80's. the first time I saw a pizza here was 86 or 87.
they were rare here until the 1990's. then all of a sudden they were normal.
it was weird, you'd see people on TV and in movies eating them all the time and wonder what they were like.

if you watch that HBO documentary I posted the trailer for the section on Comet Pizzagate is mostly from 13:00-27:00. @22:00 the owner talks about day of the attack.
@ 23:30 at the back of the restaurant is a small storage area (now this may actually be in a basement but it's unclear - sorry if I was wrong). the gun man's arrest is shown on police cams @ 25:30.
the Comet Pizza conspiracy is the main focus and is regularly returned to during the doc.
I thought the door on the left went to the basement. There were a few places like that, one was a pinball pizza place, one was sort of misc games, one was a board game place where you'd play DND or that kind of thing, that was more in towards DC. A few of the bars would be open in the basement, you could get down there or sometimes the roof where it was less sweaty.

That place was on Connecticut, I lived further up the road into Maryland. I could spin over to the redline metro and go home if I wasn't in the mood for cycling home. I didn't go to that Pizza place much, normally just cycled past it pissed off with the traffic, Connecticut and Wisconsin were usually full of traffic so I'd try to avoid both of them riding from my place through a forest and out onto Beach Drive right into the middle of DC almost.

Weird. I'm already forgetting all these places.

it's funny that Pizzagate was a big story all over though. At the time I didn't think it was big because it happened in the place up the road. Not even real DC, the edge part.
Then when the gun thing happened I still didn't think it was a big deal, no one was actually shot right?

Like, there'd be shootings going off fairly regularly in DC. The typical deal in DC was drinking on roofs, because it was cooler at night. There were a couple of times I heard shots, there were times when choppers came over and put their lights on you looking for people (shooters usually). Sometimes they'd cordon off areas because someone got shot. It happened a fair bit. There was some local radio or something, I didn't bother checking but the people that lived in the buildings often checked and would warn me if I was coming.

The police helicopters shining lights on you was miserable. Everyone went from being happily wrecked in the low light to looking rough as fuck in this horrible glarey white light.

you actually couldn't get pizzas in Ireland in the 80's. the first time I saw a pizza here was 86 or 87.
My Ma's sister brought her a pizza tray back from holidays in maybe 1980, and Ma would cook pizza as a kind of show-off-y meal when people visited. It'd be only the one deep-dish 12-inch pizza between everyone, accompanied naturally by spuds. She used to put that shake-on dried parmesan from a tin on top which I at the time thought smelled like puke, used to hate when she cooked it

For years in the 80s pizzas to me meant those boxes of frozen mini pizzas that were always in my friend john’s house but never in ours. I think places like the bad ass cafe did pizzas and then pizzaland opened and THE REST IS HISTORY. Probably.

you mean poldy's pizzas? about six or seven inches across? we use to get those. like someone who had a pizza in italy while drunk, then had a stroke on the plane on the way home, trying to explain a pizza to a pasty farmer from mayo when he got home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back