US politics (1 Viewer)

flashback

Threads
I just gave money to Sanders. Very American of me.

Fuck it. I'm a Yank now, I can vote even, so I might as well make my filthy commie politcally correct middle class liberal white man ways be felt by the public at large.

Bernie Lomax

Threads
I'm 48 now, and sometimes I get a little gloomy about getting older, and about how the best times of my life might be in the past. US presidential candidates make me hopeful
Mate, if I had the travel schedule of a US presidential nominee in their 70s I'd be a fat, depressed mess at the very least and I'm 38

7 - No tomorrow

Feisty
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
On a platform shaped like a HIV positive foetus, a
Website
theppk.com
The Russians want Trump to stay in
And they want a Bernie nomination, because Bernie's the most divisive candidate - him and his supporters already has the Dem party fighting with itself - and he'll very probably lose to their main guy in the general in November
I don't think they actually like Bernie himself - but his nomination is all upside

Lili Marlene

Fast as You Can
Contributor
Threads
I just straight up don't buy anytime people try and blame Russia for 2016 or, now, 2020. I read the evidence, there's nothing there except unnamed FBI sources, Russian IP addresses and Facebook pages that less than 50 people liked. As a story it has legs though, say "Russia did it" and people of a certain age still think the USSR is going to start World War 3 and make everyone wear grey clothes.

7 - No tomorrow

Feisty
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
theppk.com
I just straight up don't buy anytime people try and blame Russia for 2016 or, now, 2020. I read the evidence, there's nothing there except unnamed FBI sources, Russian IP addresses and Facebook pages that less than 50 people liked. As a story it has legs though, say "Russia did it" and people of a certain age still think the USSR is going to start World War 3 and make everyone wear grey clothes.
Well there's a distinction between blaming Russia for stuff happening and what Russia wants

They want these things
Trump
Bernie

hiadudiad?

Supporter
Threads
I could believe they're trying to stir shit but I don't really have an opinion on whether it's true or not. It's like shouting WOLF! or ANTISEMITISM! at this stage. I do still get a bit flabbergasted by the outrage from the US about election meddling.

7 - No tomorrow

Feisty
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
theppk.com
I could believe they're trying to stir shit but I don't really have an opinion on whether it's true or not. It's like shouting WOLF! or ANTISEMITISM! at this stage. I do still get a bit flabbergasted by the outrage from the US about election meddling.
Well, not quite.

The Russians do have a paid group that do nothing but this and they work at the behest of Putin/Russian intelligence.
The IRA (super cool name).

They interfere in matters that serve Putin’s interest. So, it’s not like people are imagining they exist.

Antisemitism and the like are matters of definition and interpretation.
These IRA guys do exist and they do interfere.

It’s whether people like that they do it or not - or if they serve their worldview - is what colours their opinion of them.

7 - No tomorrow

Feisty
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
theppk.com
When you believe in something you will write War & Peace on it

When you're confronted with something you don't like, you resort to this piffle

The distinction between wanting and doing is a real distinction
Russia favouring these two candidates is clear to most people watching this stuff

Your crush on Bernie likely stops you accepting an uncomfortable fact

hiadudiad?

Supporter
Threads
Well, not quite.

The Russians do have a paid group that do nothing but this and they work at the behest of Putin/Russian intelligence.
The IRA (super cool name).

They interfere in matters that serve Putin’s interest. So, it’s not like people are imagining they exist.

Antisemitism and the like are matters of definition and interpretation.
These IRA guys do exist and they do interfere.

It’s whether people like that they do it or not - or if they serve their worldview - is what colours their opinion of them.
True, I'm just referring to the tendency, at least as I perceive it, to blame Russia for things not going as had been taken for granted

Lili Marlene

Fast as You Can
Contributor
Threads
When you believe in something you will write War & Peace on it

When you're confronted with something you don't like, you resort to this piffle
You provided no evidence. Why should I argue with you?

What I know is that information was "leaked" about a month old briefing conveniently the day before a big vote. Just like how Pete Buttigieg was "winning" in Iowa for 3 full days until a load of votes suddenly came in at the last minute and he was no longer winning. All coincidences i'm sure, coincidences that always go against Sanders but nothing will ever be provable.

Who cares, he's winning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Previous thread
Next thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads