US politics (1 Viewer)

Muller will be testifying before congress today. Judging by his pass performances its going to be a damp squib. I hope not, but he's so straight laced & careful. He's going to be very dignified, stick to the report & avoid answering as many questions as he can. If I was him I would be extremely piss off at Trump for spreading lies about him & dragging his good name trough the mud for the last 18 months. I would be intent on putting Trump in the shit. The evidence for obstruction of justice is there.

I kinda think Muller is being very very very careful that if somethign is going to stick, its going to stick hard, because if it doesn't he'll probably have those storm troopers following his family around for all time

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He's does say it a lot in fairness. It's the only thing he really cares about.

Save me the effort. What difference does it make to anything if Trump actually does produce his tax returns?

"The disclosure required by this bill will shed light on conflicts of interest, self-dealing, or influence from domestic and foreign business interest," said Mr Newsom.

But isn't all this stuff public knowledge already?

He won't do it, they can't force him and they're afraid of going after him properly because it'll show up how much of a farce weighed towards the rich their entire system is so they'd rather bang on about Russia.

(sorry prefuse, on my class box again)

Save me the effort. What difference does it make to anything if Trump actually does produce his tax returns?

"The disclosure required by this bill will shed light on conflicts of interest, self-dealing, or influence from domestic and foreign business interest," said Mr Newsom.

I think part of it is to do with proving he’s not the billionaire he claims to be.

I could see him running his campaign & ignoring California if he can't over turn the rule. He hates California because He knows he can't win there.

I could see him running his campaign & ignoring California if he can't over turn the rule. He hates California because He knows he can't win there.

Well... it's kind of a precedent. If CA does that, others are going to follow maybe.
So then you have the US tearing itself apart in elections. Trump literally wouldn't be on the ballet for huge populations in the US. Any sort of pretense of democracy, and granted it's a weak enough pretense, would vanish.

You're right though, let's say it happens, he's simply going to say he would have won those states if he was on the ballet.

It would be interesting, the response to the last imaginary vestiges of democracy getting flushed down the jacks.

I remember one of the pundits saying Trump obviously decided that whatever flack he was going to get by not releasing his tax returns would be worth it compared to what would be revealed by releasing them.

"FBI agents are hesitant to investigate white nationalist extremists because they don't want to be seen as pursuing investigations against President Donald Trump's base, a former FBI counterterrorism agent told The Washington Post."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back