• Trump/Pence

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Monsoon/Heenan

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll blame Manson for his own behaviour but lest we forget, seeing someone doing something transgressive on tv was way more impressive back before every sordid thing you can think of is only a few clicks away. Everyone accuses everyone else of being an "edgelord" these days but there was a time when "edgy" was actually not very common.

in fairness this was mostly intended as a method of demonstrating your loyalty to rome, with the implicit intention of ensuring that would-be politicians who were motivated purely by personal ambition rather than a sense of civic duty would be dissuaded from entering public life to begin with, because in order to do so you needed to risk your life before you even get going. has been copied as a general strategy by plenty of subsequent regimes of all ideological stripes over the intervening last couple of millennia
I'd be all up for making people pass an actual test if they wanted to vote. Preferably with lots of history on it.

I'd be all up for making people pass an actual test if they wanted to vote. Preferably with lots of history on it.

Before I left I became a US citizen, and to do that you need to do some silly test thing. History, politics, that sort of thing. The questions were really odd.

One of the first questions was: Is the President above the law (paraphrasing probably). It had just been demonstrated that the POTUS is absolutely above the law, and I sat there looking at her. I'd read the usual bullshit lit they give you about how the US is a country of laws and that nobody is above the law. So I knew the answer was "no".

Then they asked if I'd fought in foreign armies. Then if I'd fought any in any insurrectionist militias. Then if I'd shot someone in a political uprising.

(The people I've shot were all owing me money for drugs, so no.)

THEN they asked me, again without blinking, would I be happy to take up arms to defend the US.

Have you shot someone for someone else? No. Cool.
Would you shoot someone for us? Yes. Cool.
You're IN!

In an expletive-laced phone call with House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy while the Capitol was under attack, then-President Donald Trump said the rioters cared more about the election results than McCarthy did.
"Well, Kevin, I guess these people are more upset about the election than you are," Trump said, according to lawmakers who were briefed on the call afterward by McCarthy.
McCarthy insisted that the rioters were Trump's supporters and begged Trump to call them off.
Trump's comment set off what Republican lawmakers familiar with the call described as a shouting match between the two men. A furious McCarthy told the President the rioters were breaking into his office through the windows, and asked Trump, "Who the f--k do you think you are talking to?" according to a Republican lawmaker familiar with the call.

Ha! I doubt they're gonna drop the guy who has been winning every battle with the Dems for 20 years now.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/feb/24/biden-is-locking-up-migrant-children-will-the-world-still-care-with-trump-gone said:
It gets worse. The camp’s operation will be “based on a federal emergency management system”, where “trailers are labeled with names such as Alpha, Charlie and Echo”, names which are commonly used in military detention practices. (Camp Echo, for example, is a notorious site in Guantánamo Bay.)
Erm ... what? What the fuck difference does it makes what trailers are called? This kind of weak article is what puts me off subscribing to the guardian. Trump's policy was to separate children from their parents - this is a place for teens who arrive unaccompanied. I'm sure it's not a pleasant place, but nothing in the article suggests that it's remotely in the same league as Trump's fuckery

yes, wtf? 'names which are commonly used in military detention practices'

it's the fucking phonetic alphabet. it's used everywhere in the military, and plenty of other non-military applications too. i often use it.

They already dump illegal immigrants in the desert just over the border and let them die; they have the biggest prison population on the planet, much if not most of which is for-profit; they're the only country to drop nuclear bombs on another country; the entire infrastructure of their biggest state fell apart during a cold snap; they spent 1 trillion developing a fighter plane that can't fly in rain, kills the pilots when it ejects and is now not actually going to be launched...

so yeah, not too concerned about Biden rolling back some of the Trump changes.

In fairness your woman's Ma seems like she was a mad yoke since forever
Hey -

This has been one of my more unpleasant opinions maybe for a while: Trump did the US a favour in exposing some of the reality that is the US. Your vile racist relatives are likely going to out themselves as vile racists, and this is a good thing. It's much worse to be a closet racist, perniciously secretly hating, than being an honest racist; since you will act on your ideas regardless of whether you're out or not.

In this case the woman was, exactly as everyone can see, a vile sack of shit, and has ignored and pretended this wasn't the case for a long time. But she hasn't changed. Trump et al didn't change her, they just made it OK to be out. The daughter didn't just start to notice it either, she just had things ratcheted up to the point that she wasn't able to pretend it didn't exist.

So yeah, if your family are vile sacks of shit, for any reason (and I'm speaking from experience) it's better to simply accept this, cut them out, and go on with your life. Pretending that vile sacks of shit aren't vile sacks of shit will only end up with stressful scenarios.

this is wild

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

this is wild

amazing. Wonder what his broke die hard fans think of that little number

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back