• Trump/Pence

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Monsoon/Heenan

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Republicans won't give a shit, obviously. They are pricks.

Only realised the first debate is tomorrow, which is quite exciting.

yeah, I imagine this will go down well with a lot of his base

"Smart guy .... got away with only paying $750? I like the sound of that. Taxes are bullshit anyway"

On the one hand this $750 tax thing is consistent. He pays fuck all Federal tax because his businesses are all hemorrhaging money, and he doesn't earn anything. He "doesn't have an income" because he's hundreds of million in the hole when you consolidate his businesses.

He will also be subject to state taxes, which will be worked out based on the land he owns and any ancillary stuff that's related to those businesses. That wasn't listed, but each year there's two sets of tax you need to pay over here: State and Federal.

The "doesn't have an income" bit is obviously a lie. He's acquiring piles of cash from somewhere. Allied with this is he probably is genuinely pissing away more money than most people can conceive of.

So
- there's money getting channeled into him magically from somewhere and
- there's hundreds of millions of personal debt that will be due in a year or so.

Both of these things imply he's currently, or will be, purchased by third parties. It also implies that he's lied elsewhere in his taxes.

It's looking like this is the first part of the story, and NYT will drip out info as time goes on, each time waiting for the Trump crew to tell more lies which they can immediately demonstrate are untrue.

The bigger question is how the fuck people get away with this bullshit, since obviously Trump's not the only on at this, nor has he just started with it.

Yeah, i was thinking about how all they have to do is turn the spotlight onto the Democratic donor base and it'll be the same shit, except that that's all a bit of a complicated move for ole' Donnie Dum Dum when he can just say "Fake News from the failing New York Times" and move on.

Anyway, Amazon "doesn't make a profit".

Yeah, i was thinking about how all they have to do is turn the spotlight onto the Democratic donor base and it'll be the same shit, except that that's all a bit of a complicated move for ole' Donnie Dum Dum when he can just say "Fake News from the Failing New York Times" and move on.

Anyway, Amazon "doesn't make a profit".

Yeah. Donnie's going to be one of many dodging tax like nobody's business, most of them will be donors.

On the Fake News from NYT front, the obvious response is: if it's fake news, please provide us with details demonstrating this.

With Amazon not making a profit, yeah, Amazon takes their profits and dumps it back into expanding Amazon.

Trump could do this, but I'd bet that Trump genuinely doesn't make a profit from his businesses though. Yet he's still acquiring cash.

I mean, we clearly know what's going on: He's laundering money, and he's living off whatever scraps the oligarchs throw him, a million here, a purchased property there.

The only thing that has to be worked out is how the money is being shuttled about. The ideal scenario is they have this information, and they're going to keep dripping it out piecemeal, all the way up to the election.

I don't know about laundering money tbh, I don't see it. He's taking advantage of a system that was set up to protect the rich, even though he's really bad at making money because he started off so wealthy he is never allowed fail or he'll make everyone else look bad.

I think he's just a moron who loves being important and has employed enough people to keep him famous and solvent (ish) while he's alive. His kids will inherent all these debts and a string of failed businesses but what does he care, he got to be famous and to play at being a big businessman for his whole life. That's as deep as it goes.

He has a genuine talent for self-promotion and giving a crowd what they want in the moment, he could have been actually good as a carnival barker or something.

Well, he doesn't really have to know anything about laundering money. He doesn't even have to know he's laundering money. (Although I think he does.)

Lots of other people know lots about laundering, and have a huge need to do this. From Trump's perspective, he's just seeing money.

A typical laundering operation would be along the lines of Trump selling an asset (eg a condo/painting etc.) for a sum different from what another person might pay for it. That's all it entails. Once you have the money moved to an asset, and can be potentially moved again, then it's pretty much clean. The asset doesn't really have to exist either, it can be a painting that someone says is vault somewhere. It can be an extended stay in a hotel room that mysteriously never gets used. It can be "consultation services".

What I'd be sure about is that his spawn and their associates are involved. The more people you can spread this out over, the better.

Biden and Trump talking over each other for an hour is going to be AMAZING.

I don't see the debates as having any importance. Trump can do anything up to and including pulling down his trousers and taking a runny shit next to Biden's lectern, and his base will be OK with it.

Although, I'd appreciate if he did take a shit on the stage, that would be a cool statement, adding to the his general performance art aesthetic.

The point I was trying to make is: his base doesn't care what he says to some weak, mumbling pussy on some quiz show.

The only people that do care about this pantomime are the ones that are already voting for the aforementioned weak, mumbling pussy.

Hey I never said it would make a difference, I'm saying that if I have to read about this election every day then I want some entertainment!

I don't see the debates as having any importance. Trump can do anything up to and including pulling down his trousers and taking a runny shit next to Biden's lectern, and his base will be OK with it.

Although, I'd appreciate if he did take a shit on the stage, that would be a cool statement, adding to the his general performance art aesthetic.

The point I was trying to make is: his base doesn't care what he says to some weak, mumbling pussy on some quiz show.

The only people that do care about this pantomime are the ones that are already voting for the aforementioned weak, mumb

Swing voters though? Debates can make a big difference there ...

I also would relish a faecal performance.

Interesting piece by David Sirota there last week in Jacobin about what the dems could do with the supreme court nomination if they actually wanted to. So, you know, when people say TRUMP IS ACTUAL FASCISM and all that you might want to ask them why they weren't willing to do anything to stop it

Swing voters though? Debates can make a big difference there ...

I also would relish a faecal performance.

Are we defining swing voters as people who might vote either way? Because I don't think there's any of them left.

I think the only variable left is people voting, or not voting. Trumpists will vote, and Trumpists today are not changing their minds. Ever. Any kind of pretense you might have had first time round with "but I didn't think he would really be like that" are past.

There's no middle ground at all. There's Trump or not. I don't think there's vast hordes of Biden supporters, people might be more or less bothered to turn up to vote for the doddery 'aul cunt, but they're no one's ambivalent about Trump.

I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back