• Trump/Pence

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Monsoon/Heenan

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd say it's difficult to see the US ever moving to far to the left they literally spent decades being at war with communism and before that in the 1950s they had the whole "reds under the bed scare" including the threat of a possible invasion by the Russian army and later went through the entire cold war period. At this stage it's probably deeply ingrained as not only something explicitly unamerican but that they should even be in direct conflict with. What addresses issues like justice liberty and freedom for Americans is the political foundation of the US itself which might not even be to bad a benchmark for them to try and follow really. I don't think they would even understand a term like social democracy which we might consider a normal political structure in western Europe.

They love going way to the right though. Sure as many have pointed out, Nixon was to the left of Obama on most issues. But orange man bad!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

"The top communications official at @HHSgov accused career government scientists of plotting against President Trump and told Trump supporters to arm themselves ahead of the November presidential election.

In a Facebook Live video on Sunday, HHS Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs Michael Caputo said the @CDCgov was harboring a “resistance unit" to Trump, @NYTimes reported.

The career scientists "haven’t gotten out of their sweatpants except for meetings at coffee shops” to plot “how they’re going to attack @RealDonaldTrump,” Caputo said, according to the Times. “There are scientists who work for this government who do not want America to get well, not until after @JoeBiden is president.”

Caputo reportedly hosted the event for followers of his personal Facebook page. His comments came after @Politico first reported on Friday that top political HHS appointees have been interfering with the publication of CDC's reports on the coronavirus pandemic.

Top House Democrats have now launched an investigation into the matter.

According to the Times, Caputo also warned Trump's followers to be prepared for an armed insurrection, predicting the president would win but that Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden would refuse to concede the election.

"When Donald Trump refuses to stand down at the inauguration, the shooting will begin,” Caputo said. “If you carry guns, buy ammunition, ladies and gentlemen, because it’s going to be hard to get.”

> The career scientists "haven’t gotten out of their sweatpants except for meetings at coffee shops” to plot “how they’re going to attack @RealDonaldTrump,” Caputo said, according to the Times.

Fucking lol. He thinks we're getting out of our sweatpants to go to coffee shops? If we put anything more than jocks on we're having a big day.

> The career scientists "haven’t gotten out of their sweatpants except for meetings at coffee shops” to plot “how they’re going to attack @RealDonaldTrump,” Caputo said, according to the Times.

Fucking lol. He thinks we're getting out of our sweatpants to go to coffee shops? If we put anything more than jocks on we're having a big day.
Career scientists - because most scientists do 7-10 years of education just to dabble?

I wonder if that'll do much damage.

Breitbart's spin on it shows how his side view it:

The Times story, if based on authentic documents, appears to debunk several conspiracy theories held by Democrats for years. The tax returns do not [confirm]“any previously unreported connections to Russia,” the Times reports. Moreover, the Times story appears to confirm Trump’s claim — long treated as an excuse by Democrats — that he is under audit by the IRS. And the Times could not find “any itemized payments to Mr. Cohen,” ostensibly the subject of the New York investigation.

I wonder if that'll do much damage.

Breitbart's spin on it shows how his side view it:

The Times story, if based on authentic documents, appears to debunk several conspiracy theories held by Democrats for years. The tax returns do not [confirm]“any previously unreported connections to Russia,” the Times reports. Moreover, the Times story appears to confirm Trump’s claim — long treated as an excuse by Democrats — that he is under audit by the IRS. And the Times could not find “any itemized payments to Mr. Cohen,” ostensibly the subject of the New York investigation.
What were they expecting the Trump organisation to include in what they declared in their tax returns? It's not like this is the result of an independent audit.

I just think it's worth repeating that it's a partisan country and attacks like this are easily brushed aside by those on his side.

i'm just curious as to what the $750 tax was due *on*. i mean, if your income is in the millions, to hit that close to breaking even so specifically two years in a row must take some doing.

Republicans won't give a shit, obviously. They are pricks.

Only realised the first debate is tomorrow, which is quite exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back