• Trump/Pence

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Monsoon/Heenan

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aren't we with Trump on this one? Couldn't the world at large do with less Yank "heroism"?

America and its allies stopped the German advance toward Paris there in the spring of 1918. But Trump, on that same trip, asked aides, “Who were the good guys in this war?”

Who were the good guys in WW1? Fucking nobody, that's who.

apart from a huge amount of lying, racist, bigoted divide and rule tactics Trump
hasn't actually done a whole lot.
he just wants to stay in power and otherwise has no real ideas.
no way is he as bad as G.W. Bush.

people living in the USA are bearing the brunt of Trump rather than
Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Yugoslavia, Panama, Grenada, Vietnam etc etc

as many people have pointed out, Obama, Biden and the Clinton's literally got
away with murder and should be in the Hague.

Aren't we with Trump on this one? Couldn't the world at large do with less Yank "heroism"?

Who were the good guys in WW1? Fucking nobody, that's who.

You can be sure Trump's question was not a rhetorical musing on the futility of war and the stupidity of reducing it to a simple matter of good guys/bad guys ..... it surely was a simple matter of wanting to know whether he was supposed to be in favour of the Germans or not.

I'm convinced that the only reason Trump hasn't launched any foreign military interventions is because he hasn't yet realised how lucrative they can be.

A first lieutenant in the Marine Corps, Robert Kelly was killed in 2010 in Afghanistan. He was 29. Trump was meant, on this visit, to join John Kelly in paying respects at his son’s grave, and to comfort the families of other fallen service members. But according to sources with knowledge of this visit, Trump, while standing by Robert Kelly’s grave, turned directly to his father and said, “I don’t get it. What was in it for them?”

If he's not trolling liberal elites, he's trolling fathers of dead kids. At their child's grave.

Class.

Hmm, this is supposed to be a big media gotcha against him isn't it?

It's always the same. It's reported he had said or done something terrible. It's deny, deny, deny. Turn it around. Attack, attack, attack. Fake news, fake news. And few weeks or months later it turns out he did actually say it.

Hmm, this is supposed to be a big media gotcha against him isn't it?

He's standing at a kid's grave, with the kid's father, as the POTUS, and he's asking the father why the kid even bothered.

It doesn't really matter how you think about wars and US bullying / terrorism, if you're standing next to the father of a kids' grave, representing the country that sent those kids off to fight, you don't ask the father why the kid bothered.

He's standing at a kid's grave, with the kid's father, as the POTUS, and he's asking the father why the kid even bothered.

It doesn't really matter how you think about wars and US bullying / terrorism, if you're standing next to the father of a kids' grave, representing the country that sent those kids off to fight, you don't ask the father why the kid bothered.
And? Name a thing that you don't do and Donald Trump has done it over the past 5 years.

He should have said "he died with honour" "he served his country" "an American hero" not couldn't he have done something else for a living ?

He should have said "he died with honour" "he served his country" "an American hero" not couldn't he have done something else for a living ?

"lol. What a looser amIright?"

I mean, I guess. It's performance art level cuntery at the the moment. It's like an experiment in how wide GOP rank and file can open their mouths while the top guys shit directly into them.

"lol. What a looser amIright?"

I mean, I guess. It's performance art level cuntery at the the moment. It's like an experiment in how wide GOP rank and file can open their mouths while the top guys shit directly into them.

This is the bit that baffles me about this. Surely denigrating the military is pretty much the best way to piss off and alienate the traditional GOP case. And Trumps gun-toting white nationalist fanclub as well. There's nothing in it for him to do this surely? I suppose the obvious answer is he's just too dim to hide this stuff. Is that it?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't know if "dim" is the right word. He's like, I dunno, Alice Cooper - all persona and no personality

(I have no idea what Alice Cooper is actually like, beyond the face and the song he had on Rock Anthems 2, I just plucked some random pseudonymous rocker from my memory banks)

This is the bit that baffles me about this. Surely denigrating the military is pretty much the best way to piss off and alienate the traditional GOP case. And Trumps gun-toting white nationalist fanclub as well. There's nothing in it for him to do this surely?
Nothing at all, I agree. As I was trying to say above (and failing, sorry, I've had a difficult day/week) I think he's not playing any game that not just being himself. What we see is the real him. There's no performance or conniving, that's the real him

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back