• Trump/Pence

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Monsoon/Heenan

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I log into various work twitter accounts throughout the day and they have a very different audience to what I see on my normal accounts, loads of black people saying they're voting for Trump and story after story of democrats moving over to the Republican party.

I don't think it's indicative of much aside from the bubbles being real but it's a bit of an eye-opener all the same.

Trump's gonna win, and big. I'm calling it now. Two biggest indicators for me have been:

- Centrist media ridiculing the RNC, saying nobody was showing up, etc, which I guess is echoing the (let's face it) inconsequential lefty media such as Young Turks etc that most of us here probably subscribe to. That'll trigger anyone vaguely right of centre (conservative, right-winger, religious or far-right) or even far left to vote for Trump regardless of whether they like him or not, as bizzarely he'll still be "the underdog". It's like Rocky 5, "My ring is outside." We all want Rocky to win, even though he was already the champ.
- Bookie odds, which were slanted towards Biden a few weeks ago, now beginning (I think ) to trend back in the other direction, and it's August.

Other observations: lefties in general are more prone to the bubble effect as they are better, in general, at reading and writing (essential for internet bubbles) so spend more time online and are also nerds, therefore more easily influenced by stupid internet crap like "Biden can't lose". Also, lefties, when they're underdogs, are more likely to come out moaning first, fighting (fair) second. Righties, when they're underdogs, although quite moany, are generally more likely to fight, and fight dirty. Again, it's like Rocky 5, fighting dirty.

You can all come back when this is over and tell me how right I was.

I saw a tweet yesterday that said the whole “I’m a lifelong Democrat and I’m voting for trump!” thing was being spammed across twitter a couple of days back with identical copy & paste text. Seemed fairly crude.

Also, Trump has achieved what few politicians have achieved before: he's a convincing bad guy. There's nothing he can't do, because the more it triggeres moany Hilary-ites (aka Biden supporters), the more everyone loves it, and I mean EVERYONE. Like, he could pull out his dick at the debates and wave it about singing "America, America" and would still win. Hilary-ites want someone to hate, being self-loathing, middle class wankers. Bernie bros want someone to hate but also secretly would love it, being super-disgruntled lefties while also closeted mysognists. The far-right and gun-toters would love it as they probably do it every day at home anyway so it'd be a fair reflection of their lives. And the the centre-right would be mildly offended but secretly be delighted a the Hilary-ites clutching their pearls.

Also, Trump has achieved what few politicians have achieved before: he's a convincing bad guy. There's nothing he can't do, because the more it triggeres moany Hilary-ites (aka Biden supporters), the more everyone loves it, and I mean EVERYONE. Like, he could pull out his dick at the debates and wave it about singing "America, America" and would still win. Hilary-ites want someone to hate, being self-loathing, middle class wankers. Bernie bros want someone to hate but also secretly would love it, being super-disgruntled lefties while also closeted mysognists. The far-right and gun-toters would love it as they probably do it every day at home anyway so it'd be a fair reflection of their lives. And the the centre-right would be mildly offended but secretly be delighted a the Hilary-ites clutching their pearls.
Well i'd temper that that it's worth bearing in mind that Trump is unpopular, he can only win through massive voter disenfranchisement and leaning on institutions to keep him in power. He lost the popular vote last time and will likely lose it again this time, so as far as populists go he's really bad at it.

Unfortunately the dems love their institutions as well, for different reasons, worse reasons really, but it's there. They'll let him win it as long as he gets a judge to rubberstamp whatever insane stunt his team pulls.

Oh I absolutely reject that Bernie supporters are "closeted misogynists" since that was just a method of attack that successfully convinced a few people not to vote for Bernie. If he hadn't been jewish they would have painted him as a massive antisemite, which a few people did actually try. Ultimately it's really not that important though since Bernie is out.

I saw a tweet yesterday that said the whole “I’m a lifelong Democrat and I’m voting for trump!” thing was being spammed across twitter a couple of days back with identical copy & paste text. Seemed fairly crude.
This kind of thing.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm going to say Biden wins, but that literally changes everyday, mainly because Biden is not a strong candidate.
He's at least 15 years pasted his sell by date. I just want to see Trump beaten. I don't care if its Mr. Bean.
I hate seeing pricks like Trump being rewarded for their terrible behavior.

He's the new teflon Don.

Swear to christ, if he doesn't orchestrate a fascist coup at this point you're getting cancelled.

I check in here and see people talking about this election in a way that frames trump as someone who thinks like a true fan of democracy and a fair voting system when we all know that is fantastical thinking. He will not let go of the white house over some nonsense about free will of the electorate.

I check in here and see people talking about this election in a way that frames trump as someone who thinks like a true fan of democracy and a fair voting system when we all know that is fantastical thinking. He will not let go of the white house over some nonsense about free will of the electorate.
He's not an ideologue though, he's a baby. Send in some handsome generals to tell him he did the best job and give him a medal and tell him how they're proud of him and would he mind stepping aside and he'll fold immediately.

The next day he'll start tweeting about how he's still president and has been deposed by communists and there'll be a big freakout in the media but frankly no-one is gonna be bothered to actually riot on his behalf for more than a day. Republicans love the cops and the army, they're not gonna fight them.

Of course, this is assuming he won't win, which... well... Joe Biden.

I see Trump winning. Maybe it’s the feeling of being bludgeoned into submission with stupid outcomes over the past few years but it seems inevitable that he gets in for (at least) a second term.

Should we do a depressing "How do you think will win the US Presidential Election" poll?

Should we do a depressing "How do you think will win the US Presidential Election" poll?

He's not an ideologue though, he's a baby. Send in some handsome generals to tell him he did the best job and give him a medal and tell him how they're proud of him and would he mind stepping aside and he'll fold immediately.

Remember that time he tear gassed a load of protestors for a photo op and then setup a shady federal police/militia for lifting people off the street without question while at the same time redesigning the postal service to render a postal vote obsolete?

Me neither.

Remember that time he tear gassed a load of protestors for a photo op and then setup a shady federal police/militia for lifting people off the street without question while at the same time redesigning the postal service to render a postal vote obsolete?

Me neither.
Hey now, LIKE I SAID, he has to actually lose for any of the above to apply and, LIKE I SAID, the Republicans have no qualms in breaking the law to get what they want. That's on them though, Trump is a sideshow, has always been a sideshow and will always be a sideshow.

Biden needs to win unequivocally.

best of luck Biden.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back