• Trump/Pence

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Monsoon/Heenan

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I find it very hard to buy the idea that a that belief in American exceptionalism is genetics, especially since there's a few black millionaires up there now who believe in it just as much as their white counterparts. A fair few Americans I daresay went to America due to a little old thing called the Irish famine, they weren't prone to risktaking, just had no choice.

But yeah, just as there can be no anti-capitalism without anti-racism, so there can be no anti-racism without anti-capitalism.
I've been on to my pal about that book - she barely remembers it now !
so I may well have picked her up wrong but she said she will look for it.
I know nothing about genetics as you realized.

my point really was focusing on select issues - however important -
at the expense of capitalism does not serve us all well.

I was listening to the Ungovernable Force LP by Conflict a few years ago for
the first time in years and while I wouldn't dispute the points they made,
there was a lot they left out.
it was a fairly white working class view of the world in retrospect.

It's all good, I was just thinking it through!

I was sent to this wackjob website by some American I know who is terrified of "Antifa and BLM" and voted for Trump not because he loves him but because he had to prevent the far left anarchist Kamala Harris seizing power.

It is what it, just another MAGA website, but it's fascinating to click around some of those tweets in there and to see an entirely enclosed world where everyone is running scared of "the real fascists" and there isn't a Democrat in sight, just terrorists everywhere.

(I mean, i'm sure the assaults are real enough but when you have massive protests that last for months and months by two sides at each others throats there's going to be violence.)

I wouldn't be surprised if he gives Israel the green light to bomb the nuclear site before Biden takes over. Not that they need his approval I suppose - Begin Doctrine. Still, apparently Obama stopped them bombing Iran in the early 2010s.
A 2012 study found that a strike on Iran’s nuclear facilities would directly and immediately kill between 5,000 and 70,000 people from the release of up to 20% of the uranium hexafluoride gas at the Isfahan facility.

Pricks

sure what else would you be doing in the last few weeks of your presidency?

This is kind of an issue alright. Normally this kind of crap is insane conspiracy theory stuff, but Trump is motivated by revenge, and punishing disloyalty. The majority of Americans have proven disloyal to him, and he'd like to have some revenge on these people. He'd also like to screw the next government over in order to make himself look better.

Starting a senseless war would be a perfect punishment and distraction for him losing. The question is are there enough sane people left around to rein him in.

The New York Times' crack team of centrist opinion writers are working hard this week to convince everyone that the problem will forever be the people with the least amount of power in the Democratic party.

This would be a pretty good thing to do

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

what's the mechanism for cancelling student debt?
i.e. is it not that it's 'cancelled', but that the government agree to take it on?

There's a significant amount of student loan debt that is held by the federal government AFAIK. So that amount could just be written off in theory.

Yeah I read a massive back and forth over it on Twitter, there's lots of technical ins and outs that are all a bit beyond me but people have hashed it out before in various policy papers and the short version is that because it doesn't involve increasing budgets or allocating new funding it doesn't need bi-partisan agreement and it can be done by presidential executive order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back