• Trump/Pence

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Monsoon/Heenan

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dream on pete, the Dems are the ones who worship procedure and norms, the Republican's will find some legal interpretation that suits them and a few judges to rubber stamp it.

I don't see him going full dictator myself but we'll see what they do around the election and mail-in votes.

Dream on pete, the Dems are the ones who worship procedure and norms, the Republican's will find some legal interpretation that suits them and a few judges to rubber stamp it.

I don't see him going full dictator myself but we'll see what they do around the election and mail-in votes.

So more like casual dictator, or smart casual dictator?

So, what would happen if Trump dropped dead next week? Obviously Pence would take over as President but where would that leave the November election? Pence becomes the new candidate as well and votes already cast for Trump are transferred to Pence? That seems unlikely to me. Surely that would mean a postponed election and Pence as President until that happens?

What do the Republicans want to happen? Do they want a delay or do they want it to go forward?

That's what would happen.

Well ok I'm being dramatic, the Dems hold "the House" right? So they're not going to delay the election with Biden ahead.

However, if something crazy is going on with Trump's health or he dies then the Republicans will use this as part of their case in the event of a Biden victory to question and generally mess around with the results. and any legal case from this will go to conservative courts.

Basically Biden needs a clear, unambiguous victory, and even then...

The election will go ahead. Trump's probably going to lose by a decent amount.
Trump's then going to talk a load of shit about dark, probably pedophilic, secret goverment forces being aligned against him, and the election was a fraud.

That's going to get a section of people worked up, and there'll be violent reprisals here and there.

Trump will check out even more than he already has, and focus on creating noise and anger. Biden will transition into the WH on schedule.

The day after that happens, everyone will realise life is much the same as it's always been. Biden will then grind out an earth shatteringly average presidency.

Every attempt to litigate against Trump will result in painful, drawn out dealings with lawyers.

Things will become boring again. The US will continue to have this weird, religious, racist, poor hating, bootlicking section of the population. Rich people will continue to gouge and not pay tax. The rest of the population will feel vaguely powerless, but will press on with things because they need to pay for rent and shit.

I was actually just wondering what the procedure in that case is or whether there is a precedent etc. According to some dude in the Washington Post what should happen (or is most likely to happen) is that while the RNC would be able to nominate an alternative candidate (most likely Pence I suppose) there wouldn't be time to replace Trumps name on the ballot of most states. So, effectively people would be able to vote for Trump even if he was dead.

However, because of the electoral college thing, votes for the dead Trump would probably effectively become votes for Pence (assuming he/it wins the state) as in most cases the electors are not legally bound to return the name that actually won the popular vote ....in other words, they would simply "elect" Pence on the basis of the Trump votes.

It's more complicated than that, but that's the gist. No deferred election most likely.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-what-happens-if-candidate-withdraws-or-dies/

there wouldn't be time to replace Trumps name on the ballot of most states. So, effectively people would be able to vote for Trump even if he was dead.

They've already sent out the ballots. I, as a freshly minted Yank, applied to get a vote by mail ballot.

Our God-Emperor's earthly name is printed on them, a lot of people have already voted I think. So yeah, there'd be no choice, even if he's dead.

Attachments

• IMG-0342.jpg
    IMG-0342.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
..in other words, they would simply "elect" Pence on the basis of the Trump votes.
that's head melting that someone gets to 'interpret' your vote.

anyway, there's some chatter now that a couple of receptions held in the wake of coney barrett's supreme court nomination may have been where trump picked it up - at least four senior people who were at the events have tested positive,

What if he returns from this ordeal a reformed man with a mission and the will and the power to save the world but nobody believes him and Biden wins?

He gets so much brain damage, he turns into a normal person?

I wonder if he did start trying to actually do good things, and save the world, how long would the MAGA crew follow him.

The GOP would rein that shit in within days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back