• Trump/Pence

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Monsoon/Heenan

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are we defining swing voters as people who might vote either way? Because I don't think there's any of them left.

I think the only variable left is people voting, or not voting. Trumpists will vote, and Trumpists today are not changing their minds. Ever. Any kind of pretense you might have had first time round with "but I didn't think he would really be like that" are past.

There's no middle ground at all. There's Trump or not. I don't think there's vast hordes of Biden supporters, people might be more or less bothered to turn up to vote for the doddery 'aul cunt, but they're no one's ambivalent about Trump.

I think.
I've read a few people talking about how in a lot of deep south places everyone is either quite far right or quite far left, but no one is a centrist, but since the Dems, and Biden specifically, are repeatedly saying they want to get those undecided anti-Trump Republican voters, and will be giving the left absolutely nothing, it's just a fight over the tiniest sliver. Obviously this goes against the received wisdom that America is all right-wing all-the-time but, well, there you go 🤷‍♂️

the recent last week tonight about the supreme court and inequalities in the american system is a good precis.
e.g. because of the way the senate is run, they claim a black voter's vote has 75% the weight of a white voter, 55% for hispanic.

Is there now no reason left to vote for Biden? It is now no longer a "SCOTUS election" as people like to call it.

I kinda just agree with @flashback in the general theory that trumpism has slipped american politics out of the realm that we are accustomed too and it isn't really A vs. B with a margin of 3% in either direction being the battle, while two people debate the % of one section of a tax like grown ups.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There's 800 million vanished in that campaign, and all kinds of vague services.

Without wanting to sound like a broken record, a presidential campaign is a great way to launder money. Especially if you can blame it on the coffee boy whenever anyone gets caught.

In a way it's genius, right? If you want to just thieve a rake of cash, the classic tactic is to blow something up on the other side of the town.

If you think of all of this shouting, racism, Twitter shite, pictures in front of churches with a bible, trolling, Supreme Court justice nominations, Presidential Elections FFS, all of that as the bomb on the other side of the town, all of it is to distract from the fact that he's a grifter on a grift; that's almost a beautiful thing.

The dude is up shit creek on some loans, so he ruins an empire.

Sending positive energy to Joe for tonight.

It doesn't exist.... but it's the thought that counts.
As long as he doesn't say "When I lose to President Trump," or claim to be an African American, and he might, it'll be a win.

I think Trump is going to destroy him with zingers, bullshit and force of personality. Biden will flounder. Trump's base will lap it up. Those that hate him will hate him even more. If you believe the centre/swing voters exist then you're fucked because it won't do anything to shift them towards Biden. If you believe the centre doesn't matter and it's all about getting out the vote then you're fucked too because it won't inspire any potential Biden voters to get their asses down to the ballot box. So, we're all fucked either way.

Looking forward to being proved wrong when I wake up tomorrow morning. I usually am. Here's hoping.

People have dug this up

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice move. Will it make a difference???
I doubt it.

Course not, it's like the deficit, it's just something Republicans use to hit Democrats and ignore the rest of the time.

considering the thing i've not being considering, just for the sake of thinking:

Biden tears him to bits, a visibly shaken trump is reduced to a mess. the moderator visibly tries to sheild him for the latter 2/3rds of the debate. It is unmistakable that he can not deal with bidens debating skill.It is an outright victory for biden as are all following debates.

What would that be worth campaignwise?

Something's not right at the moment.

He's shut the fuck up about that lunatic woman he appointed to the Supreme Court. He's not trolling anyone online.

And now he's posting possibly respectful tweets about Biden?

I don't like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back