US Election 2016 (1 Viewer)

VersoBooks.com

FAQ
This is a book critical of Hillary Clinton.

Is this book sexist?
No. The contributors are radical and feminist, and almost all are women. But sometimes even men write things about Hillary that are not sexist.

Aren’t you helping the Republicans?
Only if you think that even one person will read a book by a coven of leftwing feminists, find it convincing, and conclude that she should vote for one of those misogynistic reactionaries.

Isn’t this the wrong time?
No. It’s never too late or too soon to criticize someone who is about to become the most powerful individual on earth. If you think there’s ever a time to withhold comment on such a person, you might be an authoritarian.

Don’t you care about feminism?
Yes. That’s why we did this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Bill has been so lacklustre in his support of Trump. He's all play-by-play rather than color commentary. It's been an interesting sideshow.
Doesn't seem happy at all. He'd have loved a Ted Cruz to run with, I'd say. They're a similar type of bully.

Still can't see anyone but the Hilldawg winning the White House right now.

Bernie Sanders was his own heap of problems.

I don't know who you're comparing Hillary's record to. If it's her opponent, he doesn't have one. If it's anyone that's held the office, then GWB is clearly worse.
In terms of scale the US has the worst foreign policy record worldwide currently going and she was secretary of state. I'm not comparing her record to anyone, the two choices are lose/lose in the current election, well done America. Lest we forget, the only country to use atomic bombs on its opponents.

A symbolic positive will do me fine for the sisters.
She'll be a bulwark for choice too though. And she gets two Scotus picks pretty much straight out of the gate.
Roe V Wade is safe for a generation. We can roll back Citizens United.
Sorry to keep on about the court. I just dig it.
Not at all, this all makes sense.

anyway, to pick on Trump for a bit, this is a scary read:

Storify [Slideshow]

Last edited:

So, will Trump now lose the support of the NRA and a massive swathe of Republicans, for whom the second amendment is gospel?

Hmm

Donald Trump Just Caved on Gun Control

Wow. Up until 2012, Trump supported the assault weapons ban. He only became “pro-second amendment” when he began thinking about running for President. This year he got the NRA endorsement and he just threw them under the bus.

Banning people on the terror watch list and no fly list are terrible ideas because the second amendment is a fundamental right. The Republicans proposed a plan last year killed by Democrats that would trigger a probable cause hearing if someone was flagged, but never endorsed an outright prohibition on American citizens owning guns when it could be a government screw up.

Numerous people have been put on the no fly list, for example, who do not deserve to be there. They include former Senator Ted Kennedy and Fox News contributor Steve Hayes. Not only do people get on the list inappropriately, but it is a difficult process to get off the list.

This is a terrible idea and a flat out cave by Donald Trump. You cannot deny constitutional rights to American citizens because the government is suspicious of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back