Upcoming Gigs of Interest (3 Viewers)

The Macc Lads playing the Workman's club in May.

I found these lads amusing when I was 15. Now I think it's kind of inappropriate that any venue would put them on, in this day and age, like.

Maybe they'll tailor their set to exclude the misogynistic and racist stuff they have, and just focus on the songs about beer and gravy.

Remember too that this was the band that struggled to get any venue to put them on back in the day, and ended up playing lots of their gigs from the back of a van, in car parks.

Either way, I'll be giving it a miss.

I liked and indeed still like some pretty offensive stuff. But always thought the macc lads were rubbish.
I liked them the same way I liked Viz. I wonder if anyone will bother their holes turning up to it. It seemed to be the punks who listened to them back in the day, even though their demographic was more along the lines of football hooligans. My brother was a punk, which is where I heard them. I know he didn't take then seriously for a second, though. Nor did any of his peers.

I grew out of the macc lads music & got more into stuff like Richie Kavanagh & Seamus Moore.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Steve Mason plays Whelans on November 27. It's been a long time since he played Ireland.

I'm seeing Sean O' Hagan on Thursday in Waterford,
Then The Delines, Jason Lyttle (Grandaddy) and The Sadies in Kilkenny on Saturday/Sunday as part of The Roots Festival.

The Wormholes on Friday night (May 3rd) in the Bello Bar.

damn, this clashes with mats gustafsson's band fire! in the bray jazz festival. not sure i can go to either.

Aww man this is the first Ive heard of the Bray fest..John Schofield sold out

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back