Upcoming Gigs of Interest (6 Viewers)

Thanks for the reminder! Just got two. Cheapos are gone, mine were €213 in total
Same here and I was trying from the get-go. I’m guessing all standing tickets were €100 though.
Planning on being in the pub for Neil Young
Jaysus.
I was at that RDS gig too, and fucking loved it. 10 hour so feedback please. But yeah, the crowd were awful and clearly just wanted him to pump out the hits. I saw Dylan as a teen, so I want to say probably around 2003 also. It was just so awful and disappointing.
I had broken my foot and would have presumably enjoyed it more if I could have gotten closer to the rail. That feedback was amazing, not a crowd pleaser though!
My only time seeing him and also loved it. The amount of times heard "but he didn't play [such and such - usually Keep on Rocking..]" on the way out of it. Almost made it better
“He kept playing ELECTRIC guitar!”
I remember the poster for the Dexys gig a few years back did everything it could to say "WILL NOT BE PLAYING COME ON EILEEN" without actually saying it.
I hate that song and as a result have not listened to a single note of any of their other songs. That gig could have been my chance to give them a fair listen.

Son texted me from school to remind me to get tickets. He's about 6 months into Neil Young and started listening to Bob Dylan since this gig was announced. I couldn't not get him a ticket. I've only seen Neil twice (Slane and Reading 95) and never seen Dylan so I'm happy to be going. Probably drive home after the gig.

Ah fuck it. Just changed my mind and bought a ticket. Had no problem getting a standing one for 100 quid ....

That neil young gig in the rds was sweet alright. Dylan last year (?) in the Point was very cool, but I'm glad I had a seat. Would be well into this except for the venue and travel.

It's two separate performances, is it? They were talking about it the radio the other day as if they were going to play together and that's why it was so amazing to have them on the same bill. Not that I'm going anyway, I'm done with Neil Young now.

The Killjoys are pretty good.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

77 forever.

That song is always popping into my head unasked for.

I've seen NY once and it was terrific. Saw Dylan in the old point in 2000 maybe. he'd played Vicar St the night before, he was very good but I've avoided seeing him since in case it ruins the memory.

Christ, it's almost 20 years ago and a big part of why I went was because I thought he'd stop touring soon.

It's two separate performances, is it? They were talking about it the radio the other day as if they were going to play together and that's why it was so amazing to have them on the same bill. Not that I'm going anyway, I'm done with Neil Young now.
It’s two different performances but I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a bit where they play together.

My only time seeing him and also loved it. The amount of times heard "but he didn't play [such and such - usually Keep on Rocking..]" on the way out of it. Almost made it better

Ragged Glory was my first Neiler LP, pretty great place to start. Saw today it's being re released with an entire bonus LP of outtakes. Hoorah!

Jon Dots is playing in the Bello bar tonight. Jon Dots He'll be doing a piano set. He's amazing!

You had me confused there because I was thinking, "I'm going to the peachface single launch there tonight, or have I got the date wrong" but it just turns out that he's on the bill too. I'll be at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back