Upcoming Gigs of Interest (7 Viewers)

Seeing Neil live is one of my favorite memories. Seeing Bob Dylan live... a less favorable memory. But I bet this will be amazing.
I've seen Neil Young seven times and he's never been anything less than sensational (although the RDS gig a few years ago for Psychedelic Pill was marred by a shitty crowd and shitty sound) but my hit rate for Dylan isn't as good. Once (2001) was one of the greatest gigs I've ever seen and the second time (2003) was so bad I promised myself I would never waste money on a gig of his again. This has made me reappraise the situation.

I've seen Neil Young seven times and he's never been anything less than sensational (although the RDS gig a few years ago for Psychedelic Pill was marred by a shitty crowd and shitty sound) but my hit rate for Dylan isn't as good. Once (2001) was one of the greatest gigs I've ever seen and the second time (2003) was so bad I promised myself I would never waste money on a gig of his again. This has made me reappraise the situation.

Planning on being in the pub for Neil Young

I was at that RDS gig too, and fucking loved it. 10 hour so feedback please. But yeah, the crowd were awful and clearly just wanted him to pump out the hits. I saw Dylan as a teen, so I want to say probably around 2003 also. It was just so awful and disappointing.

I was at that RDS gig too, and fucking loved it. 10 hour so feedback please. But yeah, the crowd were awful and clearly just wanted him to pump out the hits. I saw Dylan as a teen, so I want to say probably around 2003 also. It was just so awful and disappointing.
My only time seeing him and also loved it. The amount of times heard "but he didn't play [such and such - usually Keep on Rocking..]" on the way out of it. Almost made it better

I remember the poster for the Dexys gig a few years back did everything it could to say "WILL NOT BE PLAYING COME ON EILEEN" without actually saying it.

Ive only seen Dylan once and it was terrible but by all accounts his last gig in Ireland was great. Seen Neil the last couple of times he's been here (except the very last one). Enjoyed them all but the indoor O3 was clearly the highlight. I didn't enjoy the RDS gig much because, well, the RDS.

I think I've seen Neil enough times that I don't need to see him again. Would love to see an on-form Dylan but .... it's in a big field. It's in Kilkenny. I don't feel like shelling out 100+ quid right now. I think I'll pass. Will probably regret this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back