Upcoming Gigs of Interest (5 Viewers)

Very excited about Low tomorrow. Have probably seen them more than any non-Irish band but they never disappoint.

Yeah, me too. Should be another good one - I've been trying to restrain myself from looking up the setlists from the previous shows on the tour. I'm sure the new LP will feature fairly prominently. Looking forward to hearing what they do with it live!

Yeah, me too. Should be another good one - I've been trying to restrain myself from looking up the setlists from the previous shows on the tour. I'm sure the new LP will feature fairly prominently. Looking forward to hearing what they do with it live!
What you think? Mostly just played songs off the last 3 albums but did play 'Lazy' and finished with 'Murderer'. It's unfortunate to play such a long set and leave about 10 albums unrepresented but a minor complaint. Super show.

What you think? Mostly just played songs off the last 3 albums but did play 'Lazy' and finished with 'Murderer'. It's unfortunate to play such a long set and leave about 10 albums unrepresented but a minor complaint. Super show.
And a massive version of “Do You Know How to Waltz?”!

Loved it. It would have been great to hear more from the other albums alright, but I think that the new songs really shone. There was one bit after they played one from the new album where the crowd seemed too stunned to applaud, which was amazing. The crowd was great, I can't remember when I've been to a gig where an audience was so quiet during the songs.

It took me a while to recognise some of the new songs, it would be great to hear an album of the live versions. It was a good long set alright, I think I would have preferred to be standing though, them seats had me legs fecked!

I've never seen them do "Do You Know How To Waltz" live, so I was delighted with that.

The treatment that Alan does to this guitar sound now is spectacular. He's barely touching it but unleashing hurricanes. I think Steve Garrington is a bit of an unsung hero in this regard too, hadn't realised so much of the new material sounds were coming from his bass til about halfway through.

They seemed a bit overwhelmed about the response too, particularly Mimi who looked so charmingly awkward when the crowd erupted as Alan introduced her.

Best I've ever seen them, I think, just mesmerising.

Really enjoyed Katie Kim too, perfect opener.

Loved it. It would have been great to hear more from the other albums alright, but I think that the new songs really shone. There was one bit after they played one from the new album where the crowd seemed too stunned to applaud, which was amazing. The crowd was great, I can't remember when I've been to a gig where an audience was so quiet during the songs.

It took me a while to recognise some of the new songs, it would be great to hear an album of the live versions. It was a good long set alright, I think I would have preferred to be standing though, them seats had me legs fecked!

I've never seen them do "Do You Know How To Waltz" live, so I was delighted with that.
Yeah definitely. I wasn't sure if it was going to be full-on that new album sound but it wasn't. Nary a keyboard in sight. Some triggers/loops obviously but still just a 3-piece. They've expanded their sound but subtly. They never disappoint but it was a really terrific gig.

The treatment that Alan does to this guitar sound now is spectacular. He's barely touching it but unleashing hurricanes. I think Steve Garrington is a bit of an unsung hero in this regard too, hadn't realised so much of the new material sounds were coming from his bass til about halfway through.

They seemed a bit overwhelmed about the response too, particularly Mimi who looked so charmingly awkward when the crowd erupted as Alan introduced her.

Really enjoyed Katie Kim too, perfect opener.
Nice to see him rocking my amp (a little Pro jr) and getting those sounds. Yeah Garrington has really come into his own in the band recently.

that's the thing with Low. Every gig is the best you've ever seen them cos they just get better and better.

I had to miss this one but it means the last gigs I saw them play were the 2 at xmas a couple of years ago. I still get goosebumps thinking about those.

Hope to catch them next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

• sleepy
  • N
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back