Upcoming Gigs of Interest (6 Viewers)

The Slackers are playing the Voodoo Lounge on 27th October. Ye should go. I've never met anyone who's had a bad time at a Slackers gig.

that Bomba Estereo gig was fantastic. Haven't been at a gig that was that hoppin in quite a while. Going to a gig where the band are barely known here but are massive in their own country, can be a great experience. I remember something similar with Balkans bands about 10 years ago (Boban Markovic from Macedonia, for one) and it was an excuse for the community from those countries to get together and have a big old celebration of their national identity.

Last night was kind of like that and while the main colour on show was Colombia (helped with the football match being on), there were people from all over central and south America there. And it was great. And attending something like this and seeing how all these cultures come together and mix with our own, anyone who has a problem with people from other countries coming here 'taking our jobs and our women' can go fuck themselves. We need more of this.

The one downside is that latins look so fuckin good. The boys and the girls. They do nice weather well. Dotted in amongst them were token paddies, such as myself. It really hammered home what a pasty, not-terribly-pretty, race we are. But we're great craic, like.

Not a band I'm into,but just saw At THe Drive In are playing Vicar Street tonight.

Did I not see anything about it,or was it just that I'm not interested?

Not a band I'm into,but just saw At THe Drive In are playing Vicar Street tonight.

Did I not see anything about it,or was it just that I'm not interested?
Poorly promoted and it's €47 (ex TM fees!). Unsurprisingly I managed to get a freebie today by a retweeting a tweet from Aiken.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Flux
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back