Upcoming Gigs of Interest (1 Viewer)

"Yes, its all seated. Its really a stunning venue."

The last time I saw Suede, I think was 1999 in the Olympia. Would like to see them again. The all seated thing is kind of putting me off. Not that I'm a mosher or anything. & even though my back seizes up when standing for long I still prefer standing at gigs. I'll see........

"Yes, its all seated. Its really a stunning venue."

The last time I saw Suede, I think was 1999 in the Olympia. Would like to see them again. The all seated thing is kind of putting me off. Not that I'm a mosher or anything. & even though my back seizes up when standing for long I still prefer standing at gigs. I'll see........

I saw them at Primavera last year. They gave it socks, I was never a big fan but it was good stuff.

Did you go?
i did. music was grand but not great (plucked and bowed guitars mostly with some electronics and pre-recorded sounds), films the same. some people who like film (as opposed to films/movies (i haven't been to the cinema (except for the slint doc about 4 years ago and a load of kids' movies) in about 12 years)) were more positive. they were shown in 16mm so were about the size of a large t.v. screen and the projectors were in the cinema generating a lot of distracting noise and one of them wouldn't focus properly.

also started much later than advertised and I was struggling to stay awake by the end.

on the plus side, i had a good chat with chris afterwards, raved like a fanboy about the new year, and bought a couple of albums from him. a gent. hard to believe it's 25 years since I first saw come in the tivoli. i'd lost touch with much of his musical output but will be rectifying that.

Lisa Hannigan,Conor O'Brien and Paul Noonan are playing a fundraiser for repeal the 8th tomorrow night in Whelans. Tickets on sale now through the whelans website

Objectorz got added to this on friday

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Johnny Marr playing the National Stadium in November.

He's played a lot here recently. I've seen him 3 times and missed his last gig (I was waitlisted for a ticket cos I'm not cool enough to have gotten a ticket first time around - fuck that shit). The most interesting thing about this upcoming gig is that someone is still putting on shows in the national stadium.

Anyone know the chances of buying a ticket for Ty Segall on the door tomorrow are? I'm not really a fan but mates will be down from belfast so might go along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back