Upcoming Gigs of Interest (3 Viewers)

I had to fucking sell my ticket to Messugah and Zeal & Ardor on Wednesday night. Heartbroken. First post-sickness bummer. Too much happening next week and I have appointment to see some "genius" about the old sickness that will mean I wouldn't make it in time to see Z&A. Plus I'm dependant on lifts.

Asked and got face value and some guy is happy, so job done.

"black flag" are playing Belfast Jan 2023

The Academy in Dublin, too. Morbidly curious to see them though I reel at the thought of spending the money. Part of me wants to just heckle Ginn for destroying the legacy of SST but hey.

I will be at The Academy in a few weeks for Napalm Death, however. Shame that Unyielding Love are no longer playing support, this would be the third time I’ve missed out on seeing them. But Okus are always dependable.

It's probably the best venue of it's size in Dublin and I think it suits rock/punk/metal gigs well. It's a bit uncomfortable when sold out though. Descendents was class last week, about 7 years ago Suicidal Tendencies there was amazzzzzin.
Olympia sucks for heavy gigs, cause there's hundreds of people upstairs that just have to sit there. Like for proper full on metal, for a bit more proggy stuff it's grand. It suits Gary Numan really well. Vicar Street is probably the best of the 3 for metal stuff, the Academy is only about half the size of that though.

It's probably the best venue of it's size in Dublin and I think it suits rock/punk/metal gigs well. It's a bit uncomfortable when sold out though. Descendents was class last week, about 7 years ago Suicidal Tendencies there was amazzzzzin.
Olympia sucks for heavy gigs, cause there's hundreds of people upstairs that just have to sit there. Like for proper full on metal, for a bit more proggy stuff it's grand. It suits Gary Numan really well. Vicar Street is probably the best of the 3 for metal stuff, the Academy is only about half the size of that though.
I don’t think I’ve ever been to a gig there where the sound was any use or where I could actually see the stage properly. It feels like every angle is a bad angle and for some reason it’s impossible to get to the front there - maybe it’s the young metallers queuing from the afternoon to be up the front. I think it would really have to be someone special to make me bother going there again.

I think The Academy is grand for gigs. It's big enough yet even if you're at the back you're close enough to the action. I don't like that the merch is sold so far away from the gig.

It takes a special gig and perfect positioning to make the Olympia good.

The more I think about it, maybe the Button Factory hits all the buttons. Every gig I've been to there since they made it smaller has sounded great.

Vicar st is grand and all but it's the upper limit of my preferred size for music.

Users who are viewing this thread

• MacDara
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back