Upcoming Gigs of Interest (1 Viewer)

rettucs

Supporter
Threads
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
The Macc Lads playing the Workman's club in May.

I found these lads amusing when I was 15. Now I think it's kind of inappropriate that any venue would put them on, in this day and age, like.

Maybe they'll tailor their set to exclude the misogynistic and racist stuff they have, and just focus on the songs about beer and gravy.

Remember too that this was the band that struggled to get any venue to put them on back in the day, and ended up playing lots of their gigs from the back of a van, in car parks.

Either way, I'll be giving it a miss.

rettucs

Supporter
Threads
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
I liked and indeed still like some pretty offensive stuff. But always thought the macc lads were rubbish.
I liked them the same way I liked Viz. I wonder if anyone will bother their holes turning up to it. It seemed to be the punks who listened to them back in the day, even though their demographic was more along the lines of football hooligans. My brother was a punk, which is where I heard them. I know he didn't take then seriously for a second, though. Nor did any of his peers.

GARYXKNIFEDX

Supporter
Threads
Website
Visit site
Indeed,I didn't know anyone who took them seriously..and liked them. Only people who disliked them seemed to.

prefuse

Threads
I grew out of the macc lads music & got more into stuff like Richie Kavanagh & Seamus Moore.

NoNo

Threads
The Chromatics. Vicar street October 22. Selective memory are bringing some great acts to Ireland this year.

NoNo

Threads
Steve Mason plays Whelans on November 27. It's been a long time since he played Ireland.

travispickle

Supporter
Threads
I'm seeing Sean O' Hagan on Thursday in Waterford,
Then The Delines, Jason Lyttle (Grandaddy) and The Sadies in Kilkenny on Saturday/Sunday as part of The Roots Festival.

dunderhead

Threads
band supporting Beak in a few weeks called Grave Goods. anyone know who they are? did a quick google. not seeing anything

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Threads
Chris Difford in the Ramor Theatre this Sunday

Unknown Convict

Threads
Website
www.bop.gov
The Wormholes on Friday night (May 3rd) in the Bello Bar.

damn, this clashes with mats gustafsson's band fire! in the bray jazz festival. not sure i can go to either.

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Threads
Aww man this is the first Ive heard of the Bray fest..John Schofield sold out

hermie

Threads
Website
Visit site
band supporting Beak in a few weeks called Grave Goods. anyone know who they are? did a quick google. not seeing anything
The drummer is Sarah from September Girls, Girls Names, Cruising etc. Saw them at a house party a while ago. They're great.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads