Upcoming Gigs of Interest (10 Viewers)

Hot snakes, yob and neurosis playing the Dour festival in Belgium in July. Haven't heard of anyone else on the line up at all. Getting very old

That's a weird lineup. And I don't mean weird in a good way. Props for having an "Avant Garde Metal Day" though. All festivals should be required by law to have that.

That's a weird lineup. And I don't mean weird in a good way. Props for having an "Avant Garde Metal Day" though. All festivals should be required by law to have that.

They're also playing a Finnish one alongside Low, Malkmus and Kigagaku Moyo. That has my intriguey bits tingling. Prob insane money though, what with it being Finland

Well, for his final tour which is next month Roy Harper is going to play three new songs with some additional surprises along with the advertised 50 years of monumental classics including McGoohan's Blues. I'm most excited about the Clonakilty which will be just himself and guitarist Bill Shanley but then in the UK he'll also have strings, brass, bass and drums. So excited, but I can wait as that'll be it then.

Stereolab will play Vicar Street on June 25. They also play empire music hall Belfast on June 24.

It'd be fun seeing them in the Empire. It's tiny compared to Vicar St.

I once saw Marillion in Vicar st, then the next night in the Empire. They almost cancelled the Belfast gig when they arrived at the venue. They ended up winging it, all 5 of them and a very reduced amount of gear on the tiny stage. Mark Kelly had to reprogram his synths so he could do the gig with half his rig, the drum kit took up most of the stage. Anyway, it ended up being a very special show. Packed, sweaty and off the cuff. Much more of an experience than the vicar st gig where everyone was on best behavior, it was their first Irish gig in about 15 years.
Turns out Steve Hogarth was on ecstasy too, but I didn't know that at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back