Upcoming Gigs of Interest (8 Viewers)

Does anyone here use the Songkick app? It’s pretty handy for finding out about new gigs. You get to find out about ones being set up by different promoters. Which is handy if you’re not on Facebook

Thanks.
I was looking at the list thinking nothing much I'm into,and then see Protex are playing.

I'm humming and hawing over this one. I saw them in the workman's the first time they played here. I didn't like the gig. I thought the sound was all over the shop. But at the end they came out into the small crowd and sang a song unaccompanied, and not using any mics. It was amazing and made it worthwhile going to the gig. Earlier that day they did a full set in Tower for RSD that way and I was raging to have missed it.

I liked their first album. Lots of catchy songs on it. But I wouldn't really have been minded to go see them again until the Roger Waters gig there recently. Now I might go.

I don't use the app, but I do look up the website, particularly if I'm going away somewhere; very handy alright

I spent about 20 minutes a couple of years ago entering bands I like into it and since then it's done a pretty good job of telling me when not only they are coming to town but also bands I might like based on those choices are coming to town.

I spent about 20 minutes a couple of years ago entering bands I like into it and since then it's done a pretty good job of telling me when not only they are coming to town but also bands I might like based on those choices are coming to town.
Ditto; it's very handy alright

Anyone going to see The Wedding Present? Galway tonight, then Belfast and Dublin in Friday. Usually I'd be all over this but this is a case of a "full album" gig actually pitting me off. They're doing Tommy in full.
Might head to this, the fact that it's Tommy makes it very appealing to me! Seems that they are playing plenty of extra songs at it as well though, and mixing it up with the album tracklist, according to recent setlists:

The Wedding Present Setlist at Norwich Arts Centre, Norwich

If I look a bit preoccupied sometimes, it's because I am - An interview with David Gedge of The Wedding Present - Interviews - thumped.com

Saw a poster yesterday saying DRI were playing the Voodoo Lounge on August 11th.

Wouldn't be my cup of tea but I remember the punks in school being mad about them.

one of the best gigs i was ever at

19900419.jpg

I forgot about the name of that app (songkick) but looked up the Drop Dead Twice facebook page(yes I know,but what choice?) to remind myself what night Protex were playing with Babyshakes. It's not on the Drop Dead Twice events page. It is on Songkick though.

What was that about promoters? Venues could give a little hand too.

Also,that R.O.L.L fest hsnow been cancelled. A couple of the bands are playing at an already arranged gig in On The Rox on saturday.

You can sync it with your Spotify playlists so you don’t have to go entering anything in yourself

Fucked up are playing the Grand Social on 19th January

Also, a mate of mine was telling me that there's a grindcore band called Full of Hell playing the Grand Social this sunday. I had a listen and they sound deadly. I can't go, boo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back