Unsatisfactory Haircuts (1 Viewer)

Do you tip your hair stylist?

• Total voters
mr. nipples groupies, now there's a rare breed. i can see why you'd want to keep such rare specimens to yourself. or not. can you imagine what (under)class of a wretched female would ever launch herself at that festering wasteland of manhood.

here, when you are cutting your own hair with the clippers, how does one deal with the twirly bits at the base of one's head that need a going over with the guide off?

That's what housemates are for.

But when going for a haircut, I never trust anyone to cut my hair who themselves has a bad hairdo. If they can't get their own right, I'll be fucked if they're gonna ruin mine.

i see the sense in doing it yourself but i like going to the barbers and flicking through the magazines and then sitting in the chair, especially if its one of those old school places. the good barbers will pay attention to the edging and properly manage the transition to the beard. this one i went to yesterday was also a tobacconists and had a story about it in the local paper recently as it had just celebrated its 40th or 50 year in business. the three barbers on duty were immaculately coiffed so i had no cause for suspicion.

I go to a barber above a cake shop at the Artane roundabout.Its a bit out of the way but the man is truly gifted.I get a scissors cut short back and sides with a side parting to the left.€10 but I always give him a tip.Long may he trim.

I did the DIY haircuts for a few years but got a pain in me ghoulies just having the regulation No.3 all over.I think its madness for any man with a full head of hair to butcher it themselves,when for a couple of quid you can be peacocking it up for the ladies.
Baldy lads may as well do it themselves.An egg is an egg whatever way you look at it.

i got my hair cut this morning. i give it 7/10

she laughed her eastern european laugh and said i was "best client" when i answered "ehh... i'd like a haircut?" to the "what i can do for you?" question.

They do ask some awful strange questions. chap beside me requested a #1 all over...

"You like straight or natural?"

"Natural"

What the fuck does that mean?

They do ask some awful strange questions. chap beside me requested a #1 all over...

"Natural"

i think she was referring to the back of the head - did he want a straight line across the back or just leave the natural hairline (along the back of the neck). i always go for natural if given the choice

i got my hair cut this morning. i give it 7/10

she laughed her eastern european laugh and said i was "best client" when i answered "ehh... i'd like a haircut?" to the "what i can do for you?" question.

"Natural"

hippie.

these are the things you learn from the barbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back