Unsatisfactory Haircuts (1 Viewer)

Do you tip your hair stylist?

• Total voters
This time last year I went for my annual haircut to a barber in Collon (nearby village). Full of vaping culshie stoner/hipsters with tattoos getting their eyebrows threaded. I said to the lad "just a few inches off all round, don't really care so long as I can still tie it back", and he proceeded to cut big lumps off until I jumped up in a panic, paid him, and got the fuck out of there. Had to use my daughter's bobby pins for 3 months after to keep it outa my eyes/mouth

My hair's been long for 25 years, I'm always toying with the idea of getting it cut short, but I was so traumatised by the incident that I guess its length has somehow become part of my identity, and it'll have to stay long forever. Dunno how to feel about that. Kinda wish I didn't look like such an aging rocker, even though that's exactly what I am.

Capture.JPG

I cut my own hair yesterday. I am blind without glasses so just hacked away without touching the top too much. Remember Joey's girlfriend that Chandler slept with? I've got her haircut now. More successful than I expected.

Going for a haircut and beard-trim after work. First time in my life I’ll be getting the barber to trim my beard. Always looked after it myself before but it’s getting a bit shaggy at the moment and I want to see if it’ll make any difference getting a professional to do it. Do you lot get the barbers to do yours or do you do your own?

Going for a haircut and beard-trim after work. First time in my life I’ll be getting the barber to trim my beard. Always looked after it myself before but it’s getting a bit shaggy at the moment and I want to see if it’ll make any difference getting a professional to do it. Do you lot get the barbers to do yours or do you do your own?

I've started going back to a barbers in the past few months to get my beard taken care of, but I'm planning on growing it out really long and big and I want to keep a decent shape as it goes out. They've done a good job the 2 times I've been in better than I'd ever manage. Just have an idea of what you want re the cheek line in particular and general shape and you'll be grand.

It feels weird to be going to a barbers when my haircut involves shaving cream and a razor that I do myself

I've started going back to a barbers in the past few months to get my beard taken care of, but I'm planning on growing it out really long and big and I want to keep a decent shape as it goes out. They've done a good job the 2 times I've been in better than I'd ever manage. Just have an idea of what you want re the cheek line in particular and general shape and you'll be grand.

It feels weird to be going to a barbers when my haircut involves shaving cream and a razor that I do myself
Yeah, I just want them to fade the neck in cos I don't like having a clean line there and I can't fade it in myself. And tidy up the errant fuzz without losing the shape.

Yeah, I just want them to fade the neck in cos I don't like having a clean line there and I can't fade it in myself. And tidy up the errant fuzz without losing the shape.

Should be a simple enough job so. A quick tidy once a week at home seems to do me for a couple of month before I've had to go back

sakes man. you've a gig coming up.

Yea I know, I was reaching for some style. Like this..
hairstyles-for-men-with-thick-hair-medium-length-is-a-great-idea-that-you-should-use-to-create-Mens-Hairstyles-17.jpg

Failed though.

I had planned that if it went well I'd give the dog a trim too. That's not happening now. I need my missus to sort out the back. It's a bit of a mess .

The barber made the bit at the front much too short. The only way to get it right is to get out the hairdryer after washing it..and who can be arsed with that rigmarole?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back