Unpopular Opinions (1 Viewer)

extended adolescence is a thing..

I was on to the RTB yesterday and they have a message on there while you're on hold that you have to be calling about your own case
That if you're a parent calling about an adult child, they can't deal with you. It has to be the 'child'.

Like I know there's a 'these kids today' old lads like me go on about.
But there must be enough of this going on - parents handling their children's business - that they have messages for it.

Anyway
Kids today etc...

I was on to the RTB yesterday and they have a message on there while you're on hold that you have to be calling about your own case
That if you're a parent calling about an adult child, they can't deal with you. It has to be the 'child'.

But there must be enough of this going on - parents handling their children's business - that they have messages for it.

Anyway
Kids today etc...
Helicopter parenting forever.

I'm at the stage of life where I'm handling my parents' stuff. It's not fun.

Anyway
Kids today etc...
Possibly also something to do with parents transferring their assets to their kids’ names for tax reasons?

Possibly also something to do with parents transferring their assets to their kids for tax reasons?
This was the RTB tenancy registering line
Like I'm sure the voice said "we must speak to the actual tenant not the parent" or something similar.

I'm know Revenue have similar rules (it's gotta be you on the phone), just never heard the specific parent thing before

This was the RTB tenancy registering line
Like I'm sure the voice said "we must speak to the actual tenant not the parent" or something similar.

I'm know Revenue have similar rules (it's gotta be you on the phone), just never heard the specific parent thing before
Ha ok I assumed it was if you’re a landlord registering a tenancy you have to be the named landlord not their ma who actually owns the place.

More an observation than an opinion.
I've been watching loads of episodes of ameoba record's what's in my bag?
The white rock and indie bands mostly pick a wide range of different music.
The black artists mostly pick music by other black artists.
There are exceptions of course.
By wide ranging, do you mean loads of different genres?

The white lads have to do that, for a number of reasons

They want to appear cool and edgy and open-minded and above all not racist

Like when those CEOs or whatever used to release their iPod playlsist back in the day and they'd have Springsteen and Dylan and Bowie and then you'd see where their PA had added in De La Soul or something at the end.
That kind of thinking is internalised now I think with social media. You can't list all white or all male anything anymore. It's glaringly narrow.
The black lads are already cool and confident in it.

Or that's how it goes in my brain.

I just digested this notion with a mate, who happens to be a Spurs fan.

Conté has a point. Everyone isn't pulling together. The guys who mops the floor needs to care as much as the guys on the pitch. It matters, the attitude, the vibe when you walk into a place. You can feel it.

The white lads have to do that, for a number of reasons

They want to appear cool and edgy and open-minded and above all not racist

Like when those CEOs or whatever used to release their iPod playlsist back in the day and they'd have Springsteen and Dylan and Bowie and then you'd see where their PA had added in De La Soul or something at the end.
That kind of thinking is internalised now I think with social media. You can't list all white or all male anything anymore. It's glaringly narrow.
The black lads are already cool and confident in it.

Or that's how it goes in my brain.
I wonder is it more that alternative and indie musicians tastes would have developed more from reading about music. That in a way they’re more researching and reading up about music rather than just enjoying it for what it is.
And that musicians from other genres would have developed their tastes more through what their peer group is in to. I’m wondering is it less a race thing and more of a genre thing in some ways. As in what would the spread of music be like if it were a metal or dance act that were being asked to pick out records.

watched Amoeba What's In My Bag since 2009.
my interest wained a bit as years went on and I often just look at the parts on music I don't already know which is usually a minority of the selections.
I discovered some good stuff off it over the years.

my two favourite ones were two old white lads actually.
Jim Thirlwell (Foetus) picked very diverse stuff.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Necrobutcher of Mayhem for picked unpredictable stuff and loved fucking with his image

my interest wained a bit as years went on and I often just look at the parts on music I don't already know which is usually a minority of the selections.

Necrobutcher of Mayhem for picked unpredictable stuff and loved fucking with his image

Jim is a hero, I’d be disappointed if it wasn’t a grab bag of mad stuff. Going to watch these later.

I've gained a whole new appreciation for those late 90's & early 2000's US pop punk bands.
Most of them have at least 1 good song. Usually a few good tunes.

Last edited:

Fuckin hell, I'm almost Necrobutcher

The parents came over recently, with steak, rashers and white pudding. No one here knows what white pudding is. Nor do I actually, come to think of it. I don't think I want to know.

The thing is, while the rashers they've brought are from well reared pigeens from well run farms, and is certainly a superior quality of meat, it's just too much for me. Maybe I've been conditioned to believe that "bacon", as they call it here, should be smoked, thin and fatty af.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back