Unpopular Opinions (5 Viewers)

There's a good take that 2017's Wonder Woman is all about the middle east just so her accent makes sense. Themyscira is Israel, Wonder Woman is raised specially to be in the Israeli defense forces etc. etc.

It's good fun, certainly more fun than "it's a film about a woman who is wonderous" that some on here would have me belive.

If you're looking for sexy banshees you'd be better off sticking with Bram Stoker's Dracula and waiting for the sexy bit.
Because, there's absolutely fuck all banshees involved.

It's all death playing games of chess allegories.

There's a good take that 2017's Wonder Woman is all about the middle east just so her accent makes sense. Themyscira is Israel, Wonder Woman is raised specially to be in the Israeli defense forces etc. etc.
It's good fun, certainly more fun than "it's a film about a woman who is wonderous" that some on here would have me belive.

Played by a (very hot) Israeli who has fought for the IDF

She made some weird statement around the launch which was a kinda catch all 'i'm so far removed from reality that you are best not to think of the layers of IDF in this movie' The kind of statement that's so obtuse you know the conversation is pointless.

Went to see Jason Byrne last night and he went on a very funny rant about The Banshees of Inisherin being shit

It went something like "In the real world if some lad said he'd cut off his fingers if someone talked to him, everyone would be crowding around to talk to him saying 'Go on, cut off another one of your fingers, you fucking dope'"

Made me laugh. He also said "for anyone who's afraid I'll give away the ending - THERE IS NO FUCKING ENDING"

I think he's convinced me that underneath how great it looks and how well it's acted, it's basically a shit movie

When I was younger, boobs.
I think I've turned some kind of corner in my life. I was over at a friend's last night, and she wanted to watch Behind Her Eyes (?). Something something Bono's daughter.
Anyway, grand. I'll give it a go.
And after a couple of episodes I hit the "fucksake MORE riding??" threshold. And I don't think I've ever thought that before. It's always been "oh, riding, niiiiice". But last night it was FFS lads, we get it, they do a lot of riding. There was also a "FFS I don't think I want to see Bono's daughter boobs" notion too. Unprecedented stuff.

Should I be posting this in the You know you've got old thread?
I dunno. Anyway.
If you were to take away the "Rich English people having a bit of drama / riding in the olden days" genre, and the "Rich English people having a bit of drama / riding in the current day" genre, what would you be left with?

Lads on donkeys on Island off Ireland. That's what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back