Unpopular Opinions (1 Viewer)

I predict the newly pedestrianised Capel Street will become an insufferable, gentrified over-expensive hole that will drive out most existing residents and businesses. It's the way we do things.
Stating that on twitter is heresy.

I predict the newly pedestrianised Capel Street will become an insufferable, gentrified over-expensive hole that will drive out most existing residents and businesses. It's the way we do things.
Yeah but in the interval in between it being run-down and turning into Grafton St it'll be cool and fun. Like Temple Bar was in the early 90s

I can't see a hardware store for example lasting too long on a pedestrianised st.

How long before people start talking about the way the sex shops are lowering the tone.

I can't see a hardware store for example lasting too long on a pedestrianised st.

How long before people start talking about the way the sex shops are lowering the tone.
I haven't been on Capel street much for years but even twenty years ago it had become unusual for having a lot independent stand alone shops and a lack of chain stores.
If anything that's something that shouldn't be messed with.

FG/FF : "What d'ya mean gentrication isn't good?!!"

That's how the southside does things

We still have the shelter on Little Britain St that will keep things northside real
Although, maybe it will go Stoneybatterish

All in all, it is a better result than a white water rafting park

RTE should have a station just for parenting issues
The amount of programmes on the radio with dedicated pieces about child-rearing and schools and whatever-else, is never fecking ending
There's an underlying assumption that kids and parenting are some natural state for everyone. It is not.
I presume there are more single people than active parents ( i do not need facts) but listening to RTE you'd think everyone had a batch of sniveling youngsters at home

Parenting is shit and boring and expensive and hard work. Stop fucking telling us about this awful fucking slow death!

LIsten, all your kids are very lovely and all. But also, no one else gives a good goddamn about them.

You know the joke about 'how can you tell someone is a vegan?' - 'don't worry, they'll tell you'
Holy heck is this hyper true about parents.

Parents, and particularly the parents at Montrose, think this is an interesting topic. It is the least interesting topic there is.

I haven't been on Capel street much for years but even twenty years ago it had become unusual for having a lot independent stand alone shops and a lack of chain stores.
If anything that's something that shouldn't be messed with.

FG/FF : "What d'ya mean gentrication isn't good?!!"t
To the best of my knowledge the only chainy stuff on Capel St now is a centra and an AIB

I suppose there are multiple louis copeland's about, and a new brother hubbards in ranelagh but I wouldn't really call them chains.

Oh and Panrybar, which is part of Jay Bourke's empire.

To the best of my knowledge the only chainy stuff on Capel St now is a centra and an AIB

I suppose there are multiple louis copeland's about, and a new brother hubbards in ranelagh but I wouldn't really call them chains.

Oh and Panrybar, which is part of Jay Bourke's empire.
I think there may be a Musashi restaurant on there too. I think it might have been the first one

The street is open till 11am for deliveries; I can't imagine mcquillans sell too many chop saws at 3pm anyway.

Is that Italian greasy spoon/cafe there on Capel Street? I had a memorable meal one miserable hungover day of egg and chips and a glass of milk. Possibly the best meal I've ever had. I think about it often

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back