Unpopular Opinions (4 Viewers)

I can’t even wrap my head around it.
You'd have to figure - if they're Youtubers - that some this was done for exposure, and with the kid being autistic, the extra work was not worth (to them) the clicks

The article says the rate of "returns" is somewhere 1-5% which is also mindblowing. These poor kids.
This one was three years there.

We are changing as humans. The point of life for more and more people is primarily to be happy. And what goes with that is to excise any and all difficulties.
It used to be more about being a good family member, community member and citizen. But the scale is sliding.

I read that and god, its fucking awful. The poor child, to be first completely taken from his country, and then "rehomed" again (I hate that word). Its just like, any sympathy I was trying to muster for the couple flies out of the window when you realise they were using this child to make content over a period of years... like, better for him to now (we really hope) be in a loving environment and to be wanted, but jesus christ :(

Remember all this stuff from a few years back?

The above horror story is what happens when the market is saturated with too many self-brands. Can't all be winners in the cut-throat business world!

I don't mind the hermit life too much, i miss the pub and i miss the live music and the real life women - that's all fair though I don't want to be spreading this stupid virus. But JESUS the 'when things are normal' crew fucking exhaust me. we've had nearly been a year trying to get a handle on the thing, the world has changed, loads of people have had serious tragedies play out in really tough circumstances. Feb 2020 isn't coming back, STFU. Things are now, can i not live in your permafantasy.

You're a mad one for the women aren't you agrá.

But yes, I do agree. I can't fathom the very deep, considered, and utterly defuncted thoughts of anyone who thinks there's a "going back to normal".

I do like the phrase Permafantasy though.

You'd have to figure - if they're Youtubers - that some this was done for exposure, and with the kid being autistic, the extra work was not worth (to them) the clicks

The article says the rate of "returns" is somewhere 1-5% which is also mindblowing. These poor kids.
This one was three years there.

We are changing as humans. The point of life for more and more people is primarily to be happy. And what goes with that is to excise any and all difficulties.
It used to be more about being a good family member, community member and citizen. But the scale is sliding.

yep - to the hellworld thread.

Weird how everyone is fucking miserable so.

I'd argue that "being happy" is just marketing speak that is effective at getting us to do as we're told. Up there with "freedom."

But JESUS the 'when things are normal' crew fucking exhaust me. we've had nearly been a year trying to get a handle on the thing, the world has changed, loads of people have had serious tragedies play out in really tough circumstances. Feb 2020 isn't coming back, STFU.
Oh c'mon man. Don't be hard on people just because you're further on through the stages of grief than they are

I think its more than that though. The point of life is to be happy but we're not sure what being happy actually means.
Sure, yeah. It's all marketing and silicon valley destroying social bonds. You can call it neoliberalism or consumer culture or peak/late-stage capitalism or a world obsessed with being famous or cancel culture or whatever, I think they're all more or less symptoms of the same thing.

I don't mind the hermit life too much, i miss the pub and i miss the live music and the real life women - that's all fair though I don't want to be spreading this stupid virus. But JESUS the 'when things are normal' crew fucking exhaust me. we've had nearly been a year trying to get a handle on the thing, the world has changed, loads of people have had serious tragedies play out in really tough circumstances. Feb 2020 isn't coming back, STFU. Things are now, can i not live in your permafantasy.
I'll be honest, I'm pretty ambivalent about pubs reopening, going to gigs, all that. If these things happen, great. If not, I'll survive. And I'm fairly ok about not setting foot in an office again. I'm really enjoying being at home, most of the time.
Having said all that, there are 2 things I want: the schools to open back up, not just for me but for the kids as well.
Also, I'd like to be able to go see friends and family again without worrying about infecting them. Zoom calls are grand and all but can't be doing that shite long term.

there's some old saying I saw quoted a few years ago to the effect 'if happiness is your only goal then you'll never achieve it'
I think people put a lot of conditions on their happiness (if I had a fancier job, if I had a bigger house, if coronavirus was gone etc.) instead of just enjoying where they are at the moment. It can be hard to remember that sometimes.
I do think, sometimes, that maybe social media has a part to play here. I remember chatting to my next door neighbour a little while ago and she was saying that her niece called in with her kids one afternoon and spent most of the afternoon stressing about trying to get the perfect shot of herself with the kids at Aunty's house for instagram. There's an unnecessary layer of pressure being added to people's lives.

I'll be honest, I'm pretty ambivalent about pubs reopening, going to gigs, all that. If these things happen, great. If not, I'll survive. And I'm fairly ok about not setting foot in an office again. I'm really enjoying being at home, most of the time.
Having said all that, there are 2 things I want: the schools to open back up, not just for me but for the kids as well.
Also, I'd like to be able to go see friends and family again without worrying about infecting them. Zoom calls are grand and all but can't be doing that shite long term.

Thats pretty much my number 1 at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back