Unpopular Opinions (1 Viewer)

I dunno, Drake is old enough to be a dad and he's been at the old "texting a famous teenager" lark again.

Ah it was a play on an essentially scripted bit of light comedy on a chatshow she was on that of course has already been edited out of context for twitter mixed with her own lyrics that is probably a least a day too early for the internet to enjoy.

Yeah totally a day too early with that.

Good read about it here.

I kinda find it hard to contextualize Billie Eilish outside women age 27-40 on tinder using 'bad guy' as their profile song, though dermot kennedy is slowly taking that title now - there is a duplicity in lots of people taking her as an adult on the dancefloor and a child when a bit of tv bullshit goes viral. I think drilling down to the level where music aimed at teens is mostly written by old men and performed by young girls is something pop writers should be doing daily, its not christmas/santa and we dont need to play keepy uppy with a collective lie for another generation . At least Eilish is doing her own thing.

If she wasn't homeschooled she would have had to put up with the Van Halen kid every school has.

I think Billie Eilish is gonna be fine tbh.

I agree that how we treat teenage girls matters, and that includes treating them with the same contempt we normally save for teenage boys. SHUT UP ZOOMER.

Good read about it here.

Good read? Seriously? Seems to me like a piece of flim-flam commenting on another piece of flim-flam

Good read? Seriously? Seems to me like a piece of flim-flam commenting on another piece of flim-flam

The source is junk but the writer used it well. I'm not sure I've ever seen an article on that site get this kind of reaction

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Was watching the Jump video earlier as a result of all this and noticed it has a not dissimilar pisstake feel to it as Billie Eilish's Bad Guy video.

anyway, the inevitable Guardian thinkpiece

It's all a storm in a teacup.

Was watching the Jump video earlier as a result of all this and noticed it has a not dissimilar pisstake feel to it as Billie Eilish's Bad Guy video.

anyway, the inevitable Guardian thinkpiece

It's all a storm in a teacup.

It's not over till the mashup appears.

Not reading that till I get to work.

I cannot tell you how many times in my life I've had that happen to me with some muso loser going "well if you say you like X band then whats your favourite album" or laughing to his loser muso mates when you get a fact wrong. Like, literally these guys think all girls who like music are posers who are pretending to like their fave bands to fuck them. AS. FUCKING. IF. DENNIS.

My set dancing teacher, the one time I went, said you're doing it right if you think you're doing it right but I dunno.

No, he said you're doing it right if you're enjoying it but I'm still not convinced

I had a new guy on our team who was sent to me to get help solving a problem based on my being the only person on the team with said expertise mansplain the problem to me, recently. "Now before you explain to me how to solve complex problem for X, let me first explain to you what X means because you might not know, Ciara, despite being the only person in here that is able to solve complex problem for X".

o___o

Not music related, as per Billie convo, but also fuck that guy.

To fuck them? I very much doubt they think that. All musos know that nobody wants to fuck them

Could just be my rationalization of what their motivation is for being edgelord from the perspective of girl being laughed at by them.

I cannot tell you how many times in my life I've had that happen to me with some muso loser going "well if you say you like X band then whats your favourite album" or laughing to his loser muso mates when you get a fact wrong. Like, literally these guys think all girls who like music are posers who are pretending to like their fave bands to fuck them. AS. FUCKING. IF. DENNIS.

Some chump said something similar to 3 friends of mine at Malkmus a few months ago. These are women who have been seeing him play in various bands for 20-25 years.

Dude was then flummoxed later on when SM played a Silver Jews song.

erm ....

(googles "edgelord")

I don't understand. Are you saying I am one of the aforementioned muso losers?

Hahaha not at all. I mean, unless you're the type of person who does the things I listed, its not directed at you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back