Feisty
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
On a platform shaped like a HIV positive foetus, a
Website
theppk.com
I’m with Healy-Rae on the drink driving
Two pints is fine, unless there is data out there that says people with two pints on them are killing people – which I doubt
What kills people is speed, and the way that is sanctioned, compared to drinking is night and day.

Also, the way drink driving is policed is verkakte. Hundreds of checkpoints in Dublin, where there are fecking zero drink driving deaths.

Put the checkpoints in Donegal if you want to save lives.
And dragnetting people in Terenure at 8 in the morning on the way to work. Who’s dying then? Next to no one, but they can juice their stats and get the fines for the coffers.

This zero tolerance policy is killing local communities. And ruining lives.

If you want to treat speeding the same, I’m all for it. Take people’s licenses and livelihoods away. But everyone speeds, so they won’t.

Bunch of crap so it is.

Best comb over ever.

gg9oxjof6l921.jpg

Bring in the proposed licences but they're for a free taxi-service rather than a permit to drive.

Taxi Communism plz.

I’m with Healy-Rae on the drink driving
Two pints is fine, unless there is data out there that says people with two pints on them are killing people – which I doubt
What kills people is speed, and the way that is sanctioned, compared to drinking is night and day.

Also, the way drink driving is policed is verkakte. Hundreds of checkpoints in Dublin, where there are fecking zero drink driving deaths.

And dragnetting people in Terenure at 8 in the morning on the way to work. Who’s dying then? Next to no one, but they can juice their stats and get the fines for the coffers.

If you want to treat speeding the same, I’m all for it. Take people’s licenses and livelihoods away. But everyone speeds, so they won’t.

Bunch of crap so it is.
Having been nearly killed by a drunk driver on the M4, I’m all in favour for a zero tolerance drink drive policy. Alcohol will not only affect different people to different extents but will also affect the same person differently under different conditions. Two pints might be grand most of the time but definitely I’ve felt it after two pints when I’m run down or a bit tired. Other lads I know could have 6 and still be fine.

Driving a car is a serious activity where reaction times really matter, introducing an intoxicant when piloting a massive pile of metal at speed seems like an incredibly stupid thing to do.

I agree on speeding being the biggest problem and I don't know if this is true or not but I blame most of it on young lads and they should be watched like hawks. Confiscate the cars if they keep doing it. I also think the drink driving ban should stay - if you're only going to have one or two then don't bother having any or have an alcohol free one.

I can't believe how overlooked phone use is general is in campaigns. Has to be the cause of all sorts of shit. Some clown nearly drove straight into me on a country road in cork recently enough. only for beeping the shit out of her once I realised she was not going to veer back on to her side of the road, she was coming right for me. Clearly on the phone

Not sure I agree - fucking everyone around here drinks and drives. Couple of pints and chance it. I know lads who'll drive to the pub in the village they live in, have 2, then drive home. 5 minute walk. That's how much respect the law gets

Also fwiw, checkpoints in places with higher population densities makes a lot of sense. A lad with 2 pints in him will do a lot less damage in the (mostly) empty roads around here than he would on the M50

M50 can be empty at night and / or safer than a darkly lit rural road.

I drive for a part of my job, if I got caught drink driving I’d lose my job and prospects and more.
Which is why if I’m rarely out and driving j might have one at the start of the night and go on to water after that. Usually about 3 or 4 hours has elapsed after first pint when driving home

i still don't want to drink alcohol, drive, have a girl/other/boyfriend,
have children, go abroad, take out a loan etc
i can't get excited about these things AND the compromises involved
are so awful that they aren't worth considering anyway.

also society institutionally discriminates against children to a level most people are blind to.
never as an adult have i had to deal with the disrespect i experienced as child.
it's completely normalised.

There were recent self congratulatory headlines about Donegal having the lowest penalty points . The fact that there are no gardai and no check points might have something to do with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back