Unpopular Opinions (3 Viewers)

That fancy coffee lad on twitter sure likes telling us how sound he is.

IM SURE HE'S SOUND THOUGH.

Is he famous? How? I don't understand Twitter at all

His advertising budget is basically him taking time from his other work on the job to tweet, (someone else in work does the insta) so he tweets a lot about his coffee/trying to sell it/about where the money goes.

The coffee isn't cheap, I happen to think that it's very good, but part of the appeal to me at least is that my money is going to things that I notionally approve of instead of just the bank account of the person who owns the business.

Last edited:
His advertising budget is basically him taking time from his other work on the job to tweet, (someone else in work does the insta) so he tweets a lot about his coffee/trying to sell it/about where the money goes.

The coffee isn't cheap, I happen to think that it's very good, but part of the appeal to me at least is that my money is going to things that I notionally approve of instead of just the bank account of the person who owns the business.
he's very fair to the coffee producers, often taking no profit on what he sells, and 2% of all takings go to Womens Aid. He's also very passionate about what he does and what he sells. It's infectious.

he's very fair to the coffee producers, often taking no profit on what he sells, and 2% of all takings go to Womens Aid. He's also very passionate about what he does and what he sells. It's infectious.

There's also 2% that goes to projects in the producer areas. They've funded a couple of foot bridges in Colombia. 1% also goes as a revenue share to the employees. He says that in the last year 16% of what would have been their profits otherwise was distributed in that manner.

During repeal I asked him if he'd contribute some beans for a coffee morning my local group were doing to raise a bit of cash. I was expected a 250g bag or something if he said yes. He gave me kilos of the stuff, too much in fact.

As it happens I want to start a little side business this year and I've decided to follow what he does and ringfence a percentage of anything that comes in for charitable contributions. I reckon it won't hurt so much if I do it from the beginning, and as it wouldn't be my main source of income I wouldn't miss it. There's social value in businesses genuinely not being cunts and letting people know they aren't even if it just encourages others not to be.

I hope he doesn't get milkshake ducked.

i think his main problem is that if he wants to grow the business further, he needs to look past twitter; that helped get him to where it is now, but i suspect most of the gains to be made there have been made. he's gotten some positive press recently too, but i don't know if he's seen any effect from that on sales.

I'm very wary of Twitter people and their online business ideas. The partner of someone I know secretly mortgaged their home to fund some mad idea that failed. They lost their house over it.

We all know morgan is a tit and beating him with facts is satisfying

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

however

gammon is 100% a reference to skin colour, especially in the way this kid uses it. You don't open your Churchill was a racist history essay with a reference direct to someone's skin tone. This will become a popular opinion in years to come

We all know morgan is a tit and beating him with facts is satisfying

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

however

gammon is 100% a reference to skin colour, especially in the way this kid uses it. You don't open your Churchill was a racist history essay with a reference direct to someone's skin tone. This will become a popular opinion in years to come

Nah it’s not. It’s related to ruddy, angry red skin tone due to bad eating, bad vibes and alcoholism. Nothing to do with skin pigment

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back