Unpopular Opinions (1 Viewer)

Diumraid

I think the current hatred for Eric Clapton is misdirected - he single-handedly kicked off the Rock against Racism movement in the 80's and now has the courage to stand proud in the face of common sense and speak out against the alien lizard paedophile secret chiefs of this world. There!

ann post

Supporter
Solutions
Fair play to them and all, but I don't think the new Abba songs are all that good
Tom Hiddleston What GIF by Disney+

JohnnyRaz

Supporter
I think the current hatred for Eric Clapton is misdirected - he single-handedly kicked off the Rock against Racism movement in the 80's and now has the courage to stand proud in the face of common sense and speak out against the alien lizard paedophile secret chiefs of this world. There!

I didn't know this

''Rock Against Racism came when rock musician Eric Clapton made racist statements at a concert in Birmingham in 1976. Clapton urged his audience to ‘get the foreigners out’ and ‘keep Britain white’.''

In fairness, I've always thought he was a knob.

the fucking cheek/irony of a man who made his money out of what is essentially a white twist on black music.

Lili Marlene

FURIOUS
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
I didn't know this

''Rock Against Racism came when rock musician Eric Clapton made racist statements at a concert in Birmingham in 1976. Clapton urged his audience to ‘get the foreigners out’ and ‘keep Britain white’.''

In fairness, I've always thought he was a knob.

the fucking cheek/irony of a man who made his money out of what is essentially a white twist on black music.
He's excused it as an alcoholic off-the-rails rockstar meandering incoherently on stage while his band look at their shoes in embarrassment, fair enough i'll buy that, but he's also never apologized and has actually doubled down on support for Enoch Powell.

There was a Rock Against Racism documentary released a year or two ago, not bad, worth a watch.

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
Is it too late to crucify him?

"After 2AM he described James Brown as a “jive-arsed n------” and Ray Charles as a “blind, ignorant n------.” In response, Bramlett backhanded the 24-year-old up-and-comer. It all ended in a brawl, quickly broken up by the bartender."

JohnnyRaz

Supporter
He's excused it as an alcoholic off-the-rails rockstar meandering incoherently on stage while his band look at their shoes in embarrassment, fair enough i'll buy that, but he's also never apologized and has actually doubled down on support for Enoch Powell.

There was a Rock Against Racism documentary released a year or two ago, not bad, worth a watch.

Ta!
yeah - he's almost like the georgie best of rock or something

prefuse

If he was serious he should have re launched his career as a classical guitarist.

Lili Marlene

FURIOUS
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Is it too late to crucify him?

"After 2AM he described James Brown as a “jive-arsed n------” and Ray Charles as a “blind, ignorant n------.” In response, Bramlett backhanded the 24-year-old up-and-comer. It all ended in a brawl, quickly broken up by the bartender."
If we're doing this, don't forget Rod “I think Enoch is the man. I’m all for him. This country is overcrowded. The immigrants should be sent home" Stewart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Activity

Loading…

We're listening to...

• L.W.
    Static Electricity
    King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
    L.W.
  • Brain Development Lullabies
    Menuetto from Gallimathias Musicum
    Music Box Orchestra
    Brain Development Lullabies

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads