Unpopular Opinions (1 Viewer)

He put his back into pronouncing scum there.

It was sort of a scum then there was a small pause just to ensure everyone got back on board after that harsh jolt in the tracks.

Scum would be not part of my vocabulary, because every time I hear it I think of The Sun or something. I feel like saying scum would be a bit like reading UKIP literature, just to see what the fuss is about, and kind of agreeing with bits of it.
I imagine he plays out extremely elaborate revenge fantasies in his head for the people who prank his show. Situations that would put Jigsaw to shame.

You are re-Irishising quickly to notice that. Good. I am jealous.
My inner insufferable arsehole never really left me.
I imagine he plays out extremely elaborate revenge fantasies in his head for the people who prank his show. Situations that would put Jigsaw to shame.

Is Pat Kenny still a thing in Ireland then? I'm realizing I haven't come in contact with Irish media bar a few minutes car radio while dropping kids off to school.

Pat Kenny always seemed to have that Trumpian loathing of his audience, while simultaneously pandering to them. He does have this phenomenally tightly bottled rage within him. He'd be interesting to watch get old, wondering if some day that would come exploding out of him. Himself and George Hook could get a show going, focusing on the hatred of women and poor people. Pat would initially seem like the genially guffawing backdrop to Hook's horrible patter, until one day you're allowed venture into the Jigsaw element of Pat which is so horrific George is silenced, and starts to feel a bit uncomfortable.

He can be an excellent interviewer and if his personal centreline wasn't on the conservative/right/golfclubisnaturalenvironment side of things and bit more closer to the pulse he'd be a national treasure.

yeah, when he's well briefed and it's a topic he's neutral on, he's good. he bloody well hates cyclists though, but maybe that's why newstalk likes him.

yeah, when he's well briefed and it's a topic he's neutral on, he's good. he bloody well hates cyclists though, but maybe that's why newstalk likes him.

Cars/insurance/oils make up a lot of advert revenue and kinda steer narratives indirectly in this way.
The only way to deal with this is at present is to turn it off.

I've very rarely seen Pat Kenny for years and very little in the last few decades
I said this before but I am genuinely surprised when I see him and he's not wearing big glasses.
In 2019 I heard Apres Match doing a radio skit but realised it was actually Pat Kenny's show.
they had (minus big glasses) being sending up for years without me realising.

Andrews Mc Savage I only know from adverts on RTE until he was posted here. gawd that is extremely unfunny.

from the first time I ever heard Tubridy on the radio i thought:
''Who the hell did this guy get down on his knees and blow to get on RTE''

Tubridy often has me thinking of this song -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't really have any issue with Pat Kenny. Very good at what he does. Takes it seriously, but there is something stand off-ish about him. Hard to warm to.

He put his back into pronouncing scum there.

It was sort of a scum then there was a small pause just to ensure everyone got back on board after that harsh jolt in the tracks.

Scum would be not part of my vocabulary, because every time I hear it I think of The Sun or something. I feel like saying scum would be a bit like reading UKIP literature, just to see what the fuss is about, and kind of agreeing with bits of it.

I tend to say scum, but in private. When I'm driving by myself, giving out about anything & everything. But nobody is listening or gives a fuck. Every time I say it I think of Alan Partridge.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back