Unbelievably shit day in America (1 Viewer)

American women should simply stop having sex with men.

I mean this kills a lot of birds with one stone. 1 month of no sex at all with all men, put a bit of stick about to get peoples' attention, followed by an application process that can be initiated upon documented proof of vasectomy.

Although, the majority of white women who voted in that election voted Trump.

Yeah, it's another transparent attack on being poor. One group this absolutely doesn't apply to is rich people. They won't be effected in the slightest.

I am making no attempt to verify this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Isn't the obvious thing to do now to have an amendment to the US constitution? If the majority is truly in favour of a right to abortion, surely they could have an anti-8th, right?

That is an extraordinarily difficult thing to get over the line in America, the hurdles to pass are going to be insurmountable.

An amendment may be proposed and sent to the states for ratification by either:

To become part of the Constitution, an amendment must be ratified by three-fourths of the states (38 since 1959) by either (as determined by Congress):

• The legislatures of three-fourths of the states; or
  • State ratifying conventions in three-fourths of the states.[3][4] The only amendment to be ratified through the state convention method thus far is the Twenty-first Amendment in 1933. That amendment is also the only one that explicitly repeals an earlier one, the Eighteenth Amendment (ratified in 1919), establishing the prohibition of alcohol.[5]

However there is nothing, aside from possibly not having the votes, to stop them having a federal abortion law. Roe V Wade wasn't strictly a decision about abortion, IIRC it was about the right to privacy between patients and doctors.

I reckon they need to stop looking for the president or the Democratic party in general to fix it from the top down, and work from the ground up district by district, county by county, state by state. This should finish the creaking, geriatric major Democrat leaders for good imho, but sure we'll see what happens. They're not ones to retire or admit fault.

It took 35 years in Ireland to repeal the 8th and it took 45 years to repeal Roe, so even in these accelerated times we're talking a decade at least?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back