UK Election 2017 (Part 1) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter IFF
  • Start date
  • Replies 193
  • Views 14K
  • Watchers 2
ukip has a new logo and it clashes with the fa's.

Ukip causes Premier League clash with choice of new logo

although honestly, the fa one (hoping i know difference between right and left) has a far more regal bearing, a bearing of pride in their standing as the undisputed king of the jungle, holding its head to sky in it's rightful position

the ukip lion looks a bit depressed and sad, the eyes show a distinct sadness in them like it has given up and has condemned itself to it's coming dismay. looking at that sad lion is actually making me quite forlorn :(

Queen ‘misled’ by broken Theresa May
Buckingham Palace was left infuriated with Theresa May’s behaviour after her general election disaster plunged the prime minister into a personal “crisis of confidence”.

Senior courtiers were exasperated that May misled the Queen by saying she had a deal with the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP), only to take another 17 days to nail it down, and then went on to breach protocol in the way she announced her intention to form a government.

The delay led to irritation at May’s lack of “courtesy”, as the Queen’s speech was delayed for two days, meaning the state opening of parliament disrupted plans for Royal Ascot.

Following the inferno at Grenfell Tower the week after the election, Downing Street staff became so worried about the prime minister’s welfare that one suggested sending for an SAS soldier to give her a pep talk to boost her resilience.

May’s problems led to tensions with Buckingham Palace, where the Queen’s private secretary, Sir Christopher Geidt, was unable to get answers from No 10 about the status of the DUP deal or about rumours that May was on the verge of resigning.

Details of the chaotic post- election period are contained in a new book, Fall Out: A Year of Political Mayhem, serialised in The Sunday Times today.

It reveals that the prime minister repeatedly broke down in tears after surrendering the Conservative majority and went into a spiral after she faced widespread criticism for failing to meet victims of the Grenfell Tower fire.

She had to have her make-up redone before she visited the Queen because she had been crying. Aides grew concerned that she might not be able to go on. “She looked tired and I don’t think she was thinking straight,” one said.

By the Friday of the week after the election, a senior political appointee decided help was needed, saying: “She was absolutely beaten, grey-skinned. I’ve seen people with shell shock and she looked worse than that.”

The official suggested to Gavin Barwell, May’s new chief of staff, that he get a member of the SAS to speak to May about “resilience”.

The aide said: “I can get you former special forces commanders . . . people who have been in crunching encounters. They will realise it is in the national interest to keep her on track and keep her going.” The offer was not taken up.

According to a Tory who has discussed the events with a senior member of the royal household: “There was a high degree of uncertainty about whether Theresa May would survive.”

May had been to see the Queen the day after the election, an encounter the monarch appears not to have relished. “In the private audiences between the Queen and Mrs May, I don’t think the Queen finds Mrs May any easier company than anyone else,” the source said.

After the audience, royal aides were annoyed by the content of May’s speech on the steps of Downing Street. A Tory peer recalled: “She said, ‘I’ve formed a government’, not ‘The Queen has asked me to form a government’. The palace was alarmed by her formulation of words.”

A Tory adviser said May had inadvertently misled the Queen about the status of the DUP deal because her chief whip, Gavin Williamson, only had a preliminary deal.

“The palace was irritated,” the adviser said. “They felt that the deal with the DUP hadn’t been done. Gavin thought he had assurances that he didn’t have.”

The royal source added: “It is certainly true the palace was being given a greater sense of certainty about the deal than was accurate, because the truth is that the DUP buggered Mrs May about longer than she thought.

“They were getting more frustrated with it because they were running into Ascot and the state opening of parliament. Because the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh are so old, it’s quite difficult to have them sitting about.”

While the affair did not lead to a formal complaint from the palace, the sources say that Geidt and others repeatedly made clear their frustration at the silence from Downing Street.

Sources close to the royal household also say Prince Charles became “petulant” about the delay to the Queen’s speech as he was determined to sit at his mother’s side during it in place of the duke, who was suffering from a virus.

“It is certainly true that with the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh there was a bit of ‘Oh, for God’s sake’ at what they saw as a lack of courtesy,” the source said.

“There was also quite a bit of irritation coming from the Prince of Wales, who was being more petulant.”

Downing Street and the palace did not comment.

So seriously this is an in house event with home branding, a rentacrowd and a script.

As far as I'm concerned it was choreographed show to reduce May to a human, slightly sad figure.

I've been at some of these things and the concept that a comedian/satirist is going to get that kind of access to a staged piece of propaganda is a fucking joke.

They've reset the narrative on May and the press seem to have fallen for it on the east internet monies.

Well done Tory mutligenerational circle of lizards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back