Uh Oh! What's your preferred Hard Drive recovery tool? (1 Viewer)

Back on the home NAS buzz for media storage. Laptop is going, and new laptop wont have a big hard drive.

My stereo has bluetooth, so I play music files from the laptop using that. Will I be able to do that from the NAS?

NAS to laptop over WiFi, laptop to stereo over bluetooth.

Help me.

Back on the home NAS buzz for media storage. Laptop is going, and new laptop wont have a big hard drive.

My stereo has bluetooth, so I play music files from the laptop using that. Will I be able to do that from the NAS?

NAS to laptop over WiFi, laptop to stereo over bluetooth.

Help me.

Just bought a NAS and setting it up at the moment for this very purpose. Haven't decided which media server software to use, but AFAIK once the media server is set up then you can stream from the NAS to your hi-fi using either phone or laptop to control it.

Oh, I see you are intending to use bluetooth? It will work but I would avoid it TBH- get yourself one of these and stream to your hifi wirelessly Google Chromecast Audio review
Unfortunately Google have stopped selling them but it's fairly easy to get your hands on one refurbished for about 40 quid...

While we are on the subject- does anyone have recommendations for media server software? e.g. Plex, Emby etc? Mainly for audio but some movies as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back