UEFA cup az Alkamaar v sporting lisbon (1 Viewer)

nuke terrorist

Supporter
did anyone see this thursday night on eurosport? alkmaar were winning 3-1 (4-3 on agg.) in e.t. with 121 mins. played when a bastard called garcia scored from a corner to put sporting through on away goals. the ball went through the defender on the near post's legs if only they had cleared it they would have been in the final... even i felt like hanging myself for 'em. az had the better of the chances. one of their players van gallen is 35 and made his dutch international debut last year! which is a record. az alkmaar lost the 1981 UEFA cup final to ipswich and won the dutch title that year. those were the days! johnny methgod and i think louis van gaal were in that team. the attendance was a capacity 8,600. they were challenging psv for the title until march but are now in third place.the final word to Ian Curtis - ' I campained for nothing I worked hard for this, I tried to get to you, you treat me like this, It's just second nature it's what we've been shown were living by your rules it's all that we know.'

nuke terrorist said:
did anyone see this thursday night on eurosport? alkmaar were winning 3-1 (4-3 on agg.) in e.t. with 121 mins. played when a bastard called garcia scored from a corner to put sporting through on away goals. the ball went through the defender on the near post's legs if only they had cleared it they would have been in the final... even i felt like hanging myself for 'em. az had the better of the chances. one of their players van gallen is 35 and made his dutch international debut last year! which is a record. az alkmaar lost the 1981 UEFA cup final to ipswich and won the dutch title that year. those were the days! johnny methgod and i think louis van gaal were in that team. the attendance was a capacity 8,600. they were challenging psv for the title until march but are now in third place.the final word to Ian Curtis - ' I campained for nothing I worked hard for this, I tried to get to you, you treat me like this, It's just second nature it's what we've been shown were living by your rules it's all that we know.'

I remember Ipswich beating AZ in 1981. Some team they (I) had, two Dutch dudes Muhren and Thijssen. Paul Mariner etc. Came 2nd in two successive Div 1 seasons,

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back