Twin Peaks: The Return (spoilers) (1 Viewer)

it would seem that Sarah Palmer scene wasn't completely out of the blue at all. completely forgot about this scene until someone had a subtitled screen grab on twitter a while ago

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah that last one was great. Is it implied that Sarah Palmer has always had some kind of Black Lodge entity in her even prior to Season 1 (was she the girl we saw the frog-insect thing crawling into in Ep 8 I wonder)? Enjoyed the trek into the forest, good to see Andy getting his moment to shine. I was also iffy on Cockney green glove guy who seems like a joke character on a par with Wally Brando, I'm not sure if they were taking the piss out of superhero origin stories or what. It would be total Lynch to throw in a flimsy new character with 4 episodes left who turns out to be crucial to the story, so I'm sure we'll see more of him and his Hulk fist..

Yeah that last one was great. Is it implied that Sarah Palmer has always had some kind of Black Lodge entity in her even prior to Season 1 (was she the girl we saw the frog-insect thing crawling into in Ep 8 I wonder)? Enjoyed the trek into the forest, good to see Andy getting his moment to shine. I was also iffy on Cockney green glove guy who seems like a joke character on a par with Wally Brando, I'm not sure if they were taking the piss out of superhero origin stories or what. It would be total Lynch to throw in a flimsy new character with 4 episodes left who turns out to be crucial to the story, so I'm sure we'll see more of him and his Hulk fist..
re the insect in 8. yup, you're spot on there I reckon

The timeline fits for Sarah Palmer, the girl looked like she was in her early/mid teens in 1956 and Grace Zabriskie herself is 76. In any case, Sarah Palmer as a villain is great.

Though how does it fit with her actual distress and visions in the original series? Did it lie dormant? Was it all a double bluff? Is there a second Sarah Palmer? I read that the noise she makes with the bottles in that weird looped scene last week is the same sound Hawk here's on her doorstep a couple of weeks back, implying that there is one Sarah on the doorstep talking to Hawk and another inside trapped in a loop.

Great episode. Though I expected more Bowie. I was excited to hear Diane mention the concept of a "tulpa", something I stumbled across re-reading William Gibson's Neuromancer earlier this year. It's a thing from Buddhism about the ability to spawn an imaginary creature from thought alone and has also sparked off a very, very weird Internet subculture around it.

15 pretty much evoked all the emotions in an hour there. Another great episode. Not an Ep 8 or 14 good but they're really moving up the gears with the story now. Was great to see those Jacoby scenes throughout actually had a purpose regarding Nadine. Bodes well for the bigger shit going down in the show. Evil Coop scene tonight was deadly

Another fantastic episode. TV should not make you feel that unnerved. Makes everything else look like boring, safe shit in comparison
did you watch the credits roll until the very end? very haunting shot of that character that opened the door for Evil Coop just standing there

Finally watched The Missing Pieces. Amazing how much more sense FWWM and the new series makes having watched it.

Thinking of dressing like a Woodsman for Halloween.
even something as insignificant as Lucy's difficulty with comprehending the workings of an intercom goes back to the Missing Pieces. A similar scene was in an earlier episode of S3, can't remember specifics. There is some real fine detail running through this show

It's really cooking with gas now.. Besides the Cooper turning point I am deffo looking forward to seeing what happens with the crazy cast of characters they are assembling in that jail.. They really hit the emotional notes in this one with the Ed / Norma / Nadine segment and Log Lady's sendoff later on. You can't help thinking that Bowie would have featured a lot in this if he'd lived long enough, given how pivotal that character seems to be.

I don't want this to end. That was a fucking great episode! The bit when Dale was finally back was worth the build up. If that had happened in episode 1, I couldn't see it having the same impact.

I don't want this to end. That was a fucking great episode! The bit when Dale was finally back was worth the build up. If that had happened in episode 1, I couldn't see it having the same impact.
absolutely. the pay-off after 16 episodes is phenomenal. I don't think I've ever had such a beaming smile on my face watching a TV show before during that few minutes. Hilarious how he just wolfs down the sandwich pretty much as soon as he can. the urgency of the character sorting shit out straightaway was deadly.

Such a great episode. For all the cynics, looking for Coop hours ago, we're now left with a feature length haul of Twin Peaks next Sunday with Agent Cooper returning to Twin Peaks going head to head Evil. I mean, how fucking sweet is that?

Someone here mentioned a few weeks back Lynch being a bluffer with regards to season 3. Absolutely not the case. 16 episodes in, this has been absolutely top drawer adding so much to the story. As cohesive and as plot based as anyone could have hoped for intertwined with amazing dollops of Lynchian moments throughout. So much coming next week. Can't fucking wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back