Twin Peaks: The Return (spoilers) (2 Viewers)

Caught up on episodes 7 and 8 - fucking hell. That last episode was an out and out spectacle. The grimy tramps are seriously creepy and the "Gotta light?" guy was proper unnerving (up there for the manic DoppleCoop and Bob scene in the Red Room at the end of season two). I felt the special effects in the first few episodes were a bit cheap looking but evidently all the money went towards that stunning sequence.

Caught up on episodes 7 and 8 - fucking hell. That last episode was an out and out spectacle. The grimy tramps are seriously creepy and the "Gotta light?" guy was proper unnerving (up there for the manic DoppleCoop and Bob scene in the Red Room at the end of season two). I felt the special effects in the first few episodes were a bit cheap looking but evidently all the money went towards that stunning sequence.
I just assumed Lynch was deliberately going for a lo fi back to basics aesthetic for the effects in earlier episodes but this makes more sense. The gotta light guy will go down as one of Lynch’s creepiest secondary characters, alongside The Mystery Man from Lost Highway.

I just assumed Lynch was deliberately going for a lo fi back to basics aesthetic for the effects in earlier episodes but this makes more sense. The gotta light guy will go down as one of Lynch’s creepiest secondary characters, alongside The Mystery Man from Lost Highway.
I wonder is he related to the thing behind the diner dumpster in Mulholland Drive? The parallels between the new Twin Peaks and Mulholland Drive get more prominent every week (say nothing about the Giant visiting Club Silencio this week).

Also, the Gotta Light guy looks a lot like Abraham Lincoln. When they showed him wandering the forest in one of the earlier episodes I thought it was going to link in with Ben Horne's Civil War mania in the original series.

I read an article about the actor today. His previous gig was as an Abe Lincoln impersonator. Amazing episode.

A friend posted a picture of a statue of Henry David Thoreau on Facebook a couple of days ago and it looked a lot like the Woods Man.

Here's a photo from the googles:
walden2jpg-1b6616928954ea6f.jpg

back to season 3 reality this week. Major Briggs central to the episode. Will be interesting to see what Jack Rabbit's holds in the next week or two. very strong plot-based hour.

check out the Older Posts link here...
The Search For The Zone

back to season 3 reality this week. Major Briggs central to the episode. Will be interesting to see what Jack Rabbit's holds in the next week or two. very strong plot-based hour.

check out the Older Posts link here...
The Search For The Zone
Yeah good episode, hopefully we'll get a nice balance of plot driven episodes and the good freaky shit

this is an interesting read. especially The Missing Pieces part.

9 Ways ‘Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me’ Connects to the Series Revival

watched it today, the extras from Fire Walk With Me. about 90 mins worth of stuff released with the Twin Peaks Blu Ray set. available to download. interesting connections to this series. Far from rubbish that was completely irrelevant to the story and very relevant to season 3. gives a better insight into the Jeffries character, scene with Annie etc. also, woodsmen-like characters feature in the background of FWWM, or what appear to be anyway. what I loved seeing was the cut scene of Cooper post mirror bashing at end of season 2. Mclaughlin's way of playing Evil Coop was born 25 years ago it seems

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

this is an interesting read. especially The Missing Pieces part.

9 Ways ‘Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me’ Connects to the Series Revival

watched it today, the extras from Fire Walk With Me. about 90 mins worth of stuff released with the Twin Peaks Blu Ray set. available to download. interesting connections to this series. Far from rubbish that was completely irrelevant to the story and very relevant to season 3. gives a better insight into the Jeffries character, scene with Annie etc. also, woodsmen-like characters feature in the background of FWWM, or what appear to be anyway. what I loved seeing was the cut scene of Cooper post mirror bashing at end of season 2. Mclaughlin's way of playing Evil Coop was born 25 years ago it seems

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Where did you download it from? I had bought FWWM on BluRay in France so never got the version with The Missing Pieces so it's the one thing I've never seen.

once you have something like utorrent downloaded. it should be a pretty easy process. simply search for 'fire walk with me the missing pieces' on the rarbg engine and away you go, pretty much

once you have something like utorrent downloaded. it should be a pretty easy process. simply search for 'fire walk with me the missing pieces' on the rarbg engine and away you go, pretty much
OK, will dig deep and try again tonight. You have inspired me.

So many brilliant parts in this week's episode

Harry Dean Stanton's song
Girl whacking dude in the face with tv remote
The sex scene
"Run Silent, Run Drapes"
Naomi Watts's entire performance
Cole giggling over Albert's date

To name a few

That Richard lad is a right piece of shit

Last edited:
So many brilliant parts in this week's episode

Harry Dean Stanton's song
The sex scene
"Run Silent, Run Drapes"
Naomi Watts's entire performance
Cole giggling over Albert's date

To name a few

That Richard lad is a right piece of shit
Cole's vision of Laura. That was fucking great. How will that develop. (another example of cutting costs to feed the episode 8 beast there). coop's doppelganger in the box. great to see Log Lady again.
Strong sense we're at the half way point, last couple have really propped up the plot a bit. Really setting itself up for a pretty intense second half I'm hoping.

hanging to see a few woodsmen again

That actress is from Malahide, oddly enough..

A lot of plot machinery in the last couple of episodes.. I'm looking forward to seeing what Garland Brigg's message leads to out in the woods.. Funny that we still haven't seen anything of Audrey. If Richard is her son I suppose we can infer things haven't been going all that well for her. The whole Dougie thing is getting a bit stretched out at this stage but the bedroom scene was a nice offset to the general bleakness.

That scene with the crazy woman and the vomiting child/apparition in the car with Bobby is a contender for freak out of the season. The return of the Woodsmen also added to the creep factor. I am loving this new season so much.

Seeing some interesting discussion about there being two different times shown in the series, that Richard Horne's story is a few days in the future (based on the date on someone's watch and the fact that no one seems to have mentioned the dead child).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back