Twilight Zone: 1985 - 1987 series - at last! (1 Viewer)

"A family awakens to find themselves trapped in their own home, all windows and doors sealed by impenetrable walls. Now they are faced with a bitter sequence of paranormal events forces that have taken over their lives. A once peaceful family has become mere toy puppets for a race of alien children and victims of a twisted "child's play"."

thats it!
amazing...

..did someone say tales of the unexpected?

season 2 "royal jelly" guy slowly turns into a bee complete with the odd zzzzzt at the end of wordtzzz. way before the fly...

scariest shit ever when I was a nipper..

yeah i've heard people refer to it a lot never seen it though.
not worth getting, no?

george mcfly said:
yeah, have it on dvd
pops up all the time here when discussing nasties

it's not a film that you could say you'd enjoy watching.
i think a lot of its cult appeal is down to having one of the most recognisable exploitation posters ever

FancyGoods said:
yeah i've heard people refer to it a lot never seen it though.
not worth getting, no?

hmmm, it's not something you'll watch again and again
but it's a good one for the collection
if you are getting it, make sure you either the the Hardgore version (which is slightly cut)
or if you have a multiregion dvd player, go with the r1 version (uncut)

yeah and the fact that i got more rep points for calling someone a MEATH BOGGER (i.e. some) than I did for finding the answer to your movie quest (i.e. NONE) speaks volumes

pricks

Pete, I tried to rep you but your own law about spreading rep around wouldn't let me
pete said:
yeah and the fact that i got more rep points for calling someone a MEATH BOGGER (i.e. some) than I did for finding the answer to your movie quest (i.e. NONE) speaks volumes

pricks

Latex lizzie said:
shatterday made me what I am.

kinda crazy really. Undiagnosed.

will we be able to by these precious items in the shops?

I *heart* the episodes from the 80's they were the ones we grew up watching!(pete did you grow up in the 50's 60's?)

Region 1 only
Dollar is cheap so....

FancyGoods said:
When I was about 8 I saw this weird program and it scared the crap out of me. The premise was basically that one morning a family woke up and they couldnt get out of their house. It was surrounded by some impenetrable wall. At one point the kid tried to squeeze out between the mysterious wall and the house but couldnt fit and had to come back. Now my memory is sketchy, but I also remember that the house started to fill up with blood (or some red liquid) which was gushing around the kitchen. And everyone was standing on the worktop in terror. I think it turned out that there was a dolls house upstairs which was acting like kind of voodoo doll of the main house and somebody had put a box over it or something.

Anyone know what im talking about? Is it an episode of Twilight Zone?

I'd love to see this again but I don't have a clue what it is.

yes

Child's Play - an episode of Hammer House Of Mystery And Suspense

was shown on RTE1 late on a Friday night in November 1984. The imdb lists it as being from 1985 which is not correct

Hammer House Of Mystery And Suspense (1984) is generally regarded as inferior to Hammer House Of Horror (1980). I think they're both equally good.

I have the whole series (13 episodes) on VHS, (taped off SciFi channel) which I bought off a guy in England for £25. Quality varies from fair to good.

Seeing Child's Play again brought back a shitload of memories from my almost-teen years.

Actually when you think about it we all were probably watching that same RTE broadcast of Child's Play - as 8, 10, 12 years old, whatever. Who would have thought we would end up discussing it on the internet 20 years later.

The power of televison.

Did I mention this is coming out on DVD?

Well this can only contain 4 or 5 episodes but it's a start

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?searchtype=allproducts&searchstring=hammer+house+of+mystery+and+suspense&page=search

nlgbbbblth said:
Actually when you think about it we all were probably watching that same RTE broadcast of Child's Play - as 8, 10, 12 years old, whatever.

ahem... 13.

FancyGoods said:
Pete, I tried to rep you but your own law about spreading rep around wouldn't let me
reputation_pos.gif
Twilight Zone: 1985 - 1...14th January 2005 11:36 AMFancyGoodsthere yeh go now moany pants

george mcfly said:
there was also tales of the unexpected

first two series are out on R1
the ones with the Roald Dahl intros as they are the episodes based on his stories
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002S648M/qid=1105734921/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/002-2969820-5091202?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

beats seven shades of shit out of the random late episodes sets from Telstar.
I have a couple of VHS box sets of these but rarely re-watch 'em.

the above DVD set is the real deal

george mcfly said:
tales from the darkside.. i think there was a 90's version of this, but the 80's one was class. really disturbing
the only episode i can really remember clearly was one about a guy who's terminally ill that manages that upload his soul to a bbc micro

This was good stuff; episodes veered from good to great and some scared me shitless. Used be on Tuesday nights on RTE2 after Cheers. Probably started around 10:50pm. 1984 - 1986 period. Think we only got to see two seasons.

No DVD releases of the episodes yet. There was a 1990 movie that was quite good.

george mcfly said:
i think.. that it was hammer house of horror
their tv show from the eary 80's

someone back me up on this?

have just ordered the 80's twilight zone box set

twilight zone marathon my gaff!
when? soon!
ill get the next train up

I've been making a stab at watching the original Twilight Zone through. Some episodes are over familiar from pop culture, others are excellent, taut, fucked up and less familiar, then there are others that are just ok. I'd say it must have been bananas sitting watching it on TV back when it originally aired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back