Twilight Zone: 1985 - 1987 series - at last! (1 Viewer)

nlgbbbblth

Frozen in time since 12:34am on January 1 1982
Website
www.nlgbbbblth.wordpress.com
I can't wait for this.
Looks like it'll be an import job but worth it.

All we need now is Seasons 2 and 3 plus Twilight Zone - The Movie.

anyone else think the 1980s Twilight Zone rules
and is superior to the 1950s/60s original??

as for the current incarnation - pure dog anus juice
From Image Entertainment [www.image-entertainment.com]

Twilight Zone: The 80s: Season 1

Release Date: 28 December 2004
Pre-Order Date: 16 November 2004
Catalog Number: ID2437CUDVD
UPC: 014381243727

Synopsis: Travel into the fifth dimension once again with The Twilight Zone, testing the limits of reality and exploring the mysteries of the universe. Airing from 1985 to 1989, this critically acclaimed anthology series carried on the legacy of the original Rod Serling program and attracted a brand-new audience of fans. The series features major stars in compelling tales of intrigue by such noted writers as Ray Bradbury, Stephen King, Harlan Ellison, Rockne S. O'Bannon, Arthur C. Clarke and Theodore Sturgeon. Now the entire thrilling first season of 24 one-hour episodes can be seen in their entirety!

Season One Episodes include: Shatterday, A Little Peace and Quiet, Wordplay, Dreams for Sale, Chameleon, Healer, Children's Zoo, Kentucky Rye, Little Boy Lost, The Wish Bank, Nightcrawlers, If She Dies, Ye Gods, Examination Day, A Message from Charity, Teacher's Aide, Paladin of the Lost Hour, Act Break, The Burning Man, Dealer's Choice, Dead Woman's Shoes, Wong's Lost and Found Emporium, The Shadow Man, The Uncle Devil Show, Opening Day, The Beacon, One Life, Furnished in Early Poverty , Her Pilgrim Soul, I of Newton, Night of the Meek, But Can She Type?, The Star, Still Life, The Little People of Killany Woods, The Misfortune Cookie, Monsters!, A Small Talent for War, A Matter of Minutes, The Elevator, To See the Invisible Man, Tooth and Consequences, Welcome to Winfield, Quarantine, Gramma, Cold Reading, Personal Demons, The Leprechaun Artist, Dead Run, Button, Button, Profile in Silver, Need to Know, Red Snow, Take My Life, Please!, Devil's Alphabet, The Library, Shadow Play, Grace Note, A Day in Beaumont, The Last Defender of Camelot.

Featured directors include: Wes Craven (Scream), William Friedkin (The Exorcist), Tommy Lee Wallace, Robert Downey, Peter Medak (The Changeling), Joe Dante (The Howling), John Milius (Conan the Barbarian), Martha Coolidge, Jeannot Szwarc (Somewhere in Time).

Stars include: Bruce Willis (Die Hard), Morgan Freeman (Seven), Elliott Gould (Ocean's Eleven), Helen Mirren (Calendar Girls), Martin Landau (Ed Wood), Giovanni Ribisi (Lost in Translation), Victor Garber (Alias), Adrienne Barbeau (HBO's Carnivale), Danny Kaye, Piper Laurie (Carrie), James Coco, Melinda Dillon (A Christmas Story), Robert Klein, Meg Foster (They Live), Eric Bogosian, Vincent Gardenia, Lorna Luft, Season Hubley, Dee Wallace Stone (E.T: The Extra-Terrestrial), James Whitmore (The Hills Have Eyes), Exene Cervenka (from legendary punk group X), Tony Lo Bianco, David Dukes, Dan Hedaya (Blood Simple), M. Emmet Walsh, Peter Riegert (National Lampoon's Animal House), Gary Cole (Office Space), Sherman Hemsley (The Jeffersons), Ron Glass, Richard Mulligan (Soap), Pam Dawber (Mork and Mindy), Jonathan Frakes (Star Trek: The Next Generation), Fritz Weaver (Creepshow), Robert Carradine, John Carradine, Ralph Bellamy (Trading Places), Adam Arkin, Stephen Geoffreys (Fright Night), Kenneth Mars (Young Frankenstein), Gerrit Graham (Phantom of the Paradise), Clive Revill (The Legend of Hell House), Steve Railsback (Helter Skelter), Brad Davis (Midnight Express), Mare Winningham, Ben Cross (Dark Shadows), Opera legend Julia Migenes-Johnson, Peter Coyote, Richard Kiley, Jenny Agutter (An American Werewolf in London), Dick Shawn (The Producers).

6-Disc Set ; Wes Craven Video Interview; Over a Dozen Audio Commentaries by the creative forces behind the show, including Wes Craven, Philip DeGuere, Alan Brennert, Bradford May, James Crocker, JD Fiegelson, William Wu and Greg Bear; Photo Gallery.

Audio Format: Stereo
Screen Format: Full Frame
16x9: No
Color: Color
Region Code: Region 1
Original Languages: English
English Dubbed: No
Other Languages: None
Subtitles: None

shatterday made me what I am.

kinda crazy really. Undiagnosed.

will we be able to by these precious items in the shops?

I *heart* the episodes from the 80's they were the ones we grew up watching!(pete did you grow up in the 50's 60's?)

ah here now the originals were shown on TV in the 70's & 80's before the movie and the 80's series were made

When I was about 8 I saw this weird program and it scared the crap out of me. The premise was basically that one morning a family woke up and they couldnt get out of their house. It was surrounded by some impenetrable wall. At one point the kid tried to squeeze out between the mysterious wall and the house but couldnt fit and had to come back. Now my memory is sketchy, but I also remember that the house started to fill up with blood (or some red liquid) which was gushing around the kitchen. And everyone was standing on the worktop in terror. I think it turned out that there was a dolls house upstairs which was acting like kind of voodoo doll of the main house and somebody had put a box over it or something.

Anyone know what im talking about? Is it an episode of Twilight Zone?

I'd love to see this again but I don't have a clue what it is.

i think.. that it was hammer house of horror
their tv show from the eary 80's

someone back me up on this?

have just ordered the 80's twilight zone box set

twilight zone marathon my gaff!
when? soon!

FancyGoods said:
When I was about 8 I saw this weird program and it scared the crap out of me. The premise was basically that one morning a family woke up and they couldnt get out of their house. It was surrounded by some impenetrable wall. At one point the kid tried to squeeze out between the mysterious wall and the house but couldnt fit and had to come back. Now my memory is sketchy, but I also remember that the house started to fill up with blood (or some red liquid) which was gushing around the kitchen. And everyone was standing on the worktop in terror. I think it turned out that there was a dolls house upstairs which was acting like kind of voodoo doll of the main house and somebody had put a box over it or something.

The House That Bled to Death - One of the episodes of The Hammer House Of Horror.

http://www.scifilm.org/tv/hammerhoh/hammerhoh5.html

http://homepages.tesco.net/~dr.phibes/hhbled.htm (better)

Ah, the memories.

You're entering the vicinity of an area adjacent to a location, the kind of place where there might be a monster or some kind of weird mirror. These are just examples. It could also be something much better. Prepare to enter... The Scary Door.

you're on a scenic route through a state recreation known as "the human mind." You ask a passer-by for directions, only to find he has no face or something. Suddenly up ahead, a door in the road. You swerve, narrowly avoiding The Scary Door.

Harlan Ellison wrote a bunch of the 80s Twilight zone episodes (including Shatterday). He is the man. I love Harlan Ellison. Especially his non-fiction TV and Film criticism stuff. Anyone know if he is still alive? I heard he was really ill a few years ago. Anyone know what I am talking about?

FancyGoods said:
twilight zone, hammerhouse, what other ones are there?

there was also tales of the unexpected and tales from the darkside

tales from the darkside.. i think there was a 90's version of this, but the 80's one was class. really disturbing
the only episode i can really remember clearly was one about a guy who's terminally ill that manages that upload his soul to a bbc micro

alfred hitchcock present's... the 80's one was pretty cool. was always on really late and i used to get my ma to tape it for me

and then outer limits. the 90's version was shit, but the 60's one was deadly

FancyGoods said:

Anyone know what im talking about? Is it an episode of Twilight Zone?

I'd love to see this again but I don't have a clue what it is.

HOLY SHIT FANCY!!!
memories of that have plagued me since i was a young lad!!
nobody i've ever talked to about that has ever know what i was talking about!!!

glad someone else has seen it and that i'm not insane...

FancyGoods said:
nah thats not it but its similar.
In the one Im talking about the people couldn't get out of the house.
maybe im confusing two different shows. so forget about the blood, the one with the house being blocked in

i deffo think it was an episode of hammer house..
was there something to do with it being some giant alien keeping them in the doll house?
i think they might have released it as a full length film too

i've seen it too - it was definitely a movie. it was discussed here before.

I think andy knows the name.

thats funny 'cause I know just one single other person who said they've have eerie memories of this too when I mentioned it to them.

swingkid said:
HOLY SHIT FANCY!!!
memories of that have plagued me since i was a young lad!!
nobody i've ever talked to about that has ever know what i was talking about!!!

glad someone else has seen it and that i'm not insane...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back