TV/Music royalty rate question - help?! (1 Viewer)

Dromed

Website
Visit site
Howdy! Have to find out how much IMRO pays for music on an Irish TV ad (is it per minute?). I know to call them and ask but I need to know in the next few hours if possible and they ain't open at this time! Does anyone at all know what the rate is? Any help would be mucho appreciated!!

Howdy! Have to find out how much IMRO pays for music on an Irish TV ad (is it per minute?). I know to call them and ask but I need to know in the next few hours if possible and they ain't open at this time! Does anyone at all know what the rate is? Any help would be mucho appreciated!!

depends
normally an advert should get you a flat fee as it's just a synchronisation for a specific period, but if it's used in the news or a current affairs program then generally nowt

a mate of mine had a piece of music used in that rte show raw, all he got was a plate of carbonara cooked for him in the actual kitchen they used for the show.

It is per minute, I think. We had a song used in an RTE promo (for their own programmes) once, I think we got around 30 quid off IMRO ... actually that's totally off the top of my head, I can't really remember, I do remember that it wasn't much though

Managed to find the info on IMRO's website in the end. .|..| They say the rate is €4.74 per minute for music played on RTE and then TV3 (and probably any other smaller stations) pay about €1.59 per minute.

Managed to find the info on IMRO's website in the end. .|..| They say the rate is €4.74 per minute for music played on RTE and then TV3 (and probably any other smaller stations) pay about €1.59 per minute.

Ha ha ha...you're made! that's serious cash

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back