Tv Licence (1 Viewer)

The two times over the years that I have been snared by answering the door to tv licence lads it has been around 7pm-8pm on a friday, think they realise outisde office hours is a good time to catch people off gaurd, pricks.

they're hardly pricks. I don't see why it's ok to not pay your TV licence

they're hardly pricks. I don't see why it's ok to not pay your TV licence

i don't see why its ok to fund the fucking shite rte consistently broadcast.

cozy, do they have your name? if so, you're fucked, give up and get a licence.

if not, you're totally fine. they'll be prosecuting someone else, as ed says on pg 2, just continue to give fake names and deny them access. doesnt seem to be anything they can do.

tv licence always say they're from an post first and try and make you give your name straight away. pays to be smarter than them. never had a licence in 6+ years outta home.

Their radio ads are nauseating

"Are you Polish, a student, a pensioner? Well fuck you, pay up sunshine"

I'm amazed they got the go ahead

just ignore it until the guy actually comes to your house (which he might never do). usually he'll be sound and say just have it paid for the next time, they'll never fine you on the spot. if you pay, you'll be on their shit list for the rest of your life, even when you move house.

i believe so, yes.

"Every household, business or institution in Ireland with a television or equipment capable of receiving a television signal (using an aerial, satellite dish, cable or other means) must have a television licence."

That's interesting. We have a TV set but no stations. Even with a rabbit's ears in the thing is not capable of receiving a signal. Fucking worst thing I did when we moved in here was buy a licence. Renewed it there recently too. €160 smackers!

Ring the license department and say that you got a summons in the name of insert your name and that you think he was on old tennant and that you live there now and your name is insert fake name then telll them that you are going to the post office today to purchase a license.

When letters start coming in the fake name ignore them until you are in the same boat then do the fake name trick as well. It's work for me for years !ninjaaaa

Remember folks, your tv licence doesn't only go to fund Winning Streak and Gerry Ryan, it also pays for John Kelly, for Lyric, for the RTE Symphony Orchestra, etc etc

voice of reason. also I resent subsidising fuckin TV SPONGERS!

sponge-bob_l.jpg

Anyone know anything about these type of things..? Are they any good with the laptop? You can probably get them to hook into a satelite dish too(?) I wish the state didn't have a myriad ways of raising taxes and just plumped for something fair like income tax. I think the other Irish based and owned channels should get something from the tv licence. They mightn't be so utterly crap then.

1394437_w_co_t_recorder.jpg

i bet you fund my dole too. nice one, bud.

hmm, I wonder if it's possible to not pay that bit of my Tax, TV Licence style.

just not answer the door to Mr. PAYE or say that someone else used to work in my job until last week

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back