• Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 921
  • Watchers 1

hugh

Contributor
Since 2000
Solutions
I know this isn't 1's and 0's but it is geeky so ...

I have a Project II turntable that worked perfectly up until yesterday. I put on an old Sonic Youth record that was scratched to bits, needle started jumping, then slid all the way across the record. Now it does this to every bloody record I try. I look up the gurus of the internet and start reading stuff about adjusting tone-arms and anti-skating weights and so on and my head is now wrecked.

What to do?

That shouldn't have affected the weighting of your tone-arm. Sounds more like a needle issue. Maybe first try putting a little mirror under it and see that the needle is still fully there.

Yeah, I suppose that's possible. It's been a couple of years since I changed the needle anyway.

Anyone got a tip on good local turntable servicing/repair?

Used the HiFi hospital before for an amp repair, and they were great, but price. They're also not doing their collection service because of covid, so looking for any other options.

I bought a turntable in cloney years ago and about 13 or 14 years later I brought it out there to get it fixed expecting to pay but they did it for free because i mentioned that I bought it there in the first place. It was a fairly simple problem, yer man soldered it in a few minutes

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back