True Detective Season 3 (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looks fine. They’re obviously trying to hit some of the same beats as season one - multiple time periods, rural setting, detectives driving around in cars talking etc...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

vince vaughn was shite. the farreller and rachel mcadams were glorious

What the fuq is up with Vince Vaughan? Watch him in Swingers, and then everything else since, it's like an ontological impossibility, that this is the same actor!

Loved that scene when Farrell beat the shit out of his son's bully's dad in front of his son's bully. Farrell is bizarrely a great character actor. When he uses his own accent/persona in those McDonaghs - weak, insufferable shit.

Farrell is quality. Stopped watching when he was shot, then found out later he didn't die.

Thought the first season was good for about five episodes, but last episode is the hokiest shit I've ever seen. And there was a sense of it tapering off into "shit, we need to simplify the scenario because we're in over our heads with the depth of insidiousness we've previously suggested" in the previous two episodes.

Anyone watching this? I’m really enjoying it. Massive improvement on season 2. Solid acting and creepy atmosphere. The bits where he’s an old man are not working so well. Makeup looks a bit shit and his hallucinations are kind of cheesy. I reckon Stephendorf is the killer tbh

another thing, is it just the fashion now for dialogue to be really indistinct in dark thrillers? i've had to put the subtitles on for this and for sharper objects due to the amount of indecipherable southern mumbling

i've got a bad feeling about the big mystery

all signs point towards some cheesy bullshit
One of the theories on reddit is that the wife orchastrated the murder in order to kick start her writing career. That would be a terrible twist. Gimme the occult, semi supernatural, ancient mystical evil any day

I have no idea what’s going on anymore
Is he playing the journalist to see what she knows and then intent on solving the thing by himself? I presume he just doesn't trust anybody other than Roland to help him out with it. It's an interesting grey area, how much is he actually losing his marbles and how much does he play up to what he can and can't remember when it suits him. I was wondering about how realistic this is. I guess it's plauible that his short-term memory could be fecked but longer term maybe not so bad?

That whole season was bang average. At best. Glad it's over
Started so well - Jermemy Saulnier is a fantastic director - pity he left the show prematurely - then desencded into confusing drudgery, with a few good bits. I could barely hear any of the dialogue. I thought the last episode was good though, and was glad it didn’t turn out to be some peado ring conspiracy. I definitely think your man should drop this concept and do something else. Was it just me or did the make up and acting get worse as it went on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back