True Detective Season 2 (1 Viewer)

It's weird casting and writing.

Wonder if Woodraugh is going to accidentally murder his man booty call in some kind of self hating rage?
Hmmm I didn't think of that. Interesting.

I wonder how much dirt W Earl Brown's character has on them all. Remember he was taking photos of Woodraugh and his man at the car racing? I'm guessing the mayor has it.

It's interesting that this season kind of seems to be mirroring out from the last season. For instance all the main investigative work with The Tuttles happened in the last 4 episodes while in the first 4 episodes of this one they are strongly pointing the finger at the mayor and the therapist being the culprits.
Well there are the 5 people in that photo with a mystery man in the back!

Hmmm I didn't think of that. Interesting.

I wonder how much dirt W Earl Brown's character has on them all. Remember he was taking photos of Woodraugh and his man at the car racing? I'm guessing the mayor has it.

It's interesting that this season kind of seems to be mirroring out from the last season. For instance all the main investigative work with The Tuttles happened in the last 4 episodes while in the first 4 episodes of this one they are strongly pointing the finger at the mayor and the therapist being the culprits.
Well there are the 5 people in that photo with a mystery man in the back!
Yeah and didn't the big shootout happen in episode 4 of season 1? The single take shot in thee housing projects?

Interesting reading social media/reviews where people are saying “that shootout was rubbish and boring and took too long” etc. I can just see I’m going to end up being a True Detective Season 2 apologist.

Interesting reading social media/reviews where people are saying “that shootout was rubbish and boring and took too long” etc. I can just see I’m going to end up being a True Detective Season 2 apologist.

I kind of thought it was a bit drawn out myself. There was a lot of the cops just reaching over cars and shooting 80's style.

I'm not gonna be an apologist about the show because I can see where people have issues with it but having said that there are a lot of "writers" out there who are just out to lay into the show in a nonsensical, malicious, petty way.

I thought the shootout was fine but the dialogue was at times laughably bad. Like getting worse bad. Vaughn continues not to impress and even Colin's accent wobbled a bit this episode I thought. Yet somehow I'm still just about into it. I think the core plot and characters are interesting enough, despite what some commentators say. Also Rachel McAdams is terrific in it.

I thought the shootout was fine but the dialogue was at times laughably bad. Like getting worse bad. Vaughn continues not to impress and even Colin's accent wobbled a bit this episode I thought. Yet somehow I'm still just about into it. I think the core plot and characters are interesting enough, despite what some commentators say. Also Rachel McAdams is terrific in it.
I feel bad for VV. He can’t deliver the dialogue and he doesn’t seem like the sort of character who’d speak like that. He's clearly trying very hard but it's like someone wearing a suit that doesn't quite fit them and nobody wants to be the one to say anything.

I cringe when Vaughan appears on screen. Farrell and McAdams are fine but let's face it - neither of them really have a lot do. And obviously the other dude is terrible. I liked the shootout but at the same time I was thinking that while this whole thing was shaping up to be David Lynch, it's now more like Michael Mann (who I really dislike).

But like Hermie said, the plot is interesting. I don't have a bloody clue what's going on most of the time though.

I feel bad for VV. He can’t deliver the dialogue and he doesn’t seem like the sort of character who’d speak like that. He's clearly trying very hard but it's like someone wearing a suit that doesn't quite fit them and nobody wants to be the one to say anything.
I feel for him too. Part of the problem I think is that he's too darn likeable. Which is maybe not the worst insult in the world but makes him all wrong for the part.

well i'm finding it highly enjoyable

the only problem i have is the occasional terrible dialogue, mostly given to vince vaughn...and ani had a standout shite line about the nature of certain enduring memories in the latest episode...otherwise it's all great by me

I hope that going forward Nic Pizzaloto hired a team of writers, and stays on as showrunner. There's a lot of very talented people writing in TV, many of whom would be influenced by the first season. If he hired one director and a team of writers I think they could work out a lot of the problems we've seen this season. Having said that I am enjoying it immensely. I think we'll look back on it as an entertaining misfire.

Overall it's shite, but I am going to keep watching it anyway I guess.

Rachel McAdams is good but has very little to work with, very one-dimensional writing. It's a very macho look at the world, much like the first series, but it doesn't quite get away with it this time, on account of the lack of any sense of insight on the part of the characters. Maybe Colin Farrell's lad will cop on but so far, not really.

The exposition of the plot is nearly impossible to follow, overall I am not sure what they're all doing but they are pretty shit cops. There's meant to be some sort of tension between Farrell's lad diverting the investigation but seeing as McAdams knows that his job, it's hard to get whether she gives a fuck or is just being ironic about working with him... like what the fuck is it meant to be about? Maybe the massacre shootout - which I think was shit, really overblown, totally stupid that the three of them survive - will make them all work together or something cheesy like that.

Vince Vaughn is just awful. Worst gangster ever. Don't get how he's throwing himself around now. Any of the guys he's extorting has nothing to lose by killing him. He's out of favour with whoever is pulling the strings... none of it makes any sense.

Good bits: Lynch-esque LA hippy commune, Lynch-esque singer in the bar, Lynch-esque LA landscapes. Basically, it'll do until Twin Peaks.

"I've never even had a fuckin' cavity”

fear-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg

This lot give boozing a bad name.

Plenty of practice and they're all rubbish at it.
Vince Vaughan was just a terrible idea. He was a better baddie in Starsky and Hutch.

On the one hand, Conway Twitter impersonator was great, on the other we got another pained blowjob face from a male lead. Farreler's turn next week.

The ridiculous bits are just too much though, like Colin Farrell magically disappearing into the bush when his son glances away. Why the fuck would Taylor Kitsch get two cabs and then call Colin Farrell to get him out of a jam when his bike is stolen?

The green/brown aura bit was funny, mind, as was the mayor's Hill Street Blues "let's be careful out there".

Hokum

I read somewhere that Aiden Gillen was gonna be in this at some point. Things will certainly be getting worse if is his accent is fucking mental.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back