True Detective Season 2 (1 Viewer)

The ridiculous bits are just too much though, like Colin Farrell magically disappearing into the bush when his son glances away.
That bit was amazing, and started me thinking a really stupid idea – did CF actually die in the apartment and is now a guardian angel/ghost protecting Ani and his fat son? Sixth Sense style.

well i'm finding it highly enjoyable

the only problem i have is the occasional terrible dialogue, mostly given to vince vaughn...and ani had a standout shite line about the nature of certain enduring memories in the latest episode...otherwise it's all great by me
The scene in the car had to be the worst
I don’t even know who the fuck I am
You’re a survivor. Everything is just dust in your eyes. Blink it away man
I just don’t know how to be out in the world man
Look out that window, look at me… nobody does

ah yes

i've seen comments on artticles saying how awesome some of those fucking stupid lines were though...in an unironic way

Frank: “I take a shit, there's a gun to my head saying 'Make it a good one, don't fuck up.'"
Hahah did he actually say that in the last episode? I can't remember!

I'm loving that people started a "things Frank would say" thread on 4chan.

I'm loving that people started a "things Frank would say" thread on 4chan.
"My grandfather told me you can discover everything you need to know about everything by looking at your hands. I've been looking at mine all my life, every day since I was 5, and you know what I've just realized? They're fucking feet."

"Maybe you think there ain't sharks in the water. Maybe you're right. But I can tell you there are jellyfish. And you know the thing about jellyfish? They sting. They sting like Danny Santos's gums. Brother, there might be jellyfish in the water, but me? I'm a fucking Portuguese Man-o-War."

TWfK8rk.gif

Re-watched episode 3&4.
Definitely not as good as the first two. I can't take another Frank shake down scene, they are so fucking boring. I can't take anymore of his personal life either........boring......although I wonder is his wife somehow linked to plastic surgery/therapist/guru dude.

Woodraugh may turn into a much more interesting character post shoot out as he was the one keeping his cool in that situation.

All in all though the threads need to start coming together because Ani and Ray are still by far the most interesting characters on the show.

And again.....who the fuck was Stan. I mean was he actually in any scenes?

Lots of dead civvies there to be dealing with there next week, the boss won't like that. Sure it would drive Colin Farrell to drink.

I thought the really corny one liners were a knowing tip-of-the-hat to noir flicks etc? All very meta

So there was a ton of info in that new episode.
The jump in time was cool, as was the shift in roles.

THought Woodrough's acting was fucking great in that scene with his Ma. Was surprising as he seemed to be his wooden self in the scene with the actress.

The threads seem to be coming together between Caspere's death, the land deal, the missing girl the sex parties.

Can anyone remember how they came to visit Pitlor in the 2nd episode. Was that one of the places on Caspere's GPS? Just trying to remember if that was related directly to Caspere or the missing girl.

I'm guessing now that Blake is probably the crow man? Or maybe the Mayor's son?

And that murder shack! Was that where they did Caspere? OR is that where they are bringing some poor unfortunate woman for an "after party"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back