True Detective Season 2 (1 Viewer)

You could tell someone other than Justin Lin directed that episode. It wasn’t as slick as the first two. I hope they didn't run out of money for those cool drone shots.

Who was the dead guy Vince Vaughan went to see? I wasn’t really sure as they kept saying his name as if we were meant to know who that was.

What did the cop say to Ani to make her threaten to smash him up? I couldn’t hear the line…

I’d seen a few people saying that the scene with the director was Pizzolatto getting one over on Cary Fukunuga and they do look a bit similar but the only thing that could be considered insulting was him saying “I drink, so my recollection of things is questionabale”.

I'm not really feeling this now. The first series worked because of the dynamic between the two central characters. This is totally lost because there's now four of them. I don't know what the fuck is going on most of the time and don't really care. It's incoherent and messy. The characters are poorly conceived. I feel like the whole evil underbelly of LA thing has been done to death.

I dunno ... I reckon Nick P had to produce an amazingly well-worked script and treatment to get S1 off the ground but because it was such a success he could do whatever he liked for S2 and knocked this shit together over a weekend. It needed an editor. It's a mess.

Will still watch the rest of it though and may well decide it's a masterpiece by episode 6.

i watched episodes two and three today and thought they were great, after the rambling bafflement marathon of episode 1. the shite and clunky dialogue is significantly dialled down and vince vaughn's starting to get a lot more watchable as his character loses it, after being pretty wooden and cringeworthy to begin with. the farreller hasn't been great but is similarly getting more compelling as he seems to be getting some kind of grip, although why he would get his shit together at this point is a bit of a mystery. i like that taylor kitsch guy too; he's got a good weirdness going on.

i watched episodes two and three today and thought they were great, after the rambling bafflement marathon of episode 1. the shite and clunky dialogue is significantly dialled down and vince vaughn's starting to get a lot more watchable as his character loses it, after being pretty wooden and cringeworthy to begin with. the farreller hasn't been great but is similarly getting more compelling as he seems to be getting some kind of grip, although why he would get his shit together at this point is a bit of a mystery. i like that taylor kitsch guy too; he's got a good weirdness going on.
I thought it was funny that everyone seems to think that Taylor Kitsch is super hot, every time he talks to someone they’re making goo-goo eyes at him.

This guy needs to get his own show

Tony_Chessani.0.jpg

The Party Arranger:

each week Tony Chessani curates a party for a randomly chosen clientèle, he must alter his accent and manner immediately upon meeting them and stay in character all while booking the venue, hiring the band, dealing with the local drug dealers and more!

That was mental. Did anyone else think it was highly reminiscent of the opening of Predator 2?

They already have some dumb article on HitFix saying 'stunning action sequence, but does it make sense'? Well why don't we wait until next week and see what the fallout is.

I'm so sick of those pissy articles at this point. Let's see how it pans out before we start second guessing it.

Were those looks at the end "fuck we nearly died" or "fuck what are we gonna tell the boss about this one"? Probably both.

Pouring one out on the curb for W Earl Brown's character, gonna miss him.

I saw some other pissy article where the writer wrote a giant end paragraph on the freeze frame ending. Yeah it wasn't amazing but like the writer was just digging their heels in.

Overall I think the season might have benefited from the extra long post production time of season one. They might have ironed out some of the kinks and cut some of the ropey dialogue etc.

Were those looks at the end "fuck we nearly died" or "fuck what are we gonna tell the boss about this one"? Probably both.

Pouring one out on the curb for W Earl Brown's character, gonna miss him.

I saw some other pissy article where the writer wrote a giant end paragraph on the freeze frame ending. Yeah it wasn't amazing but like the writer was just digging their heels in.

Overall I think the season might have benefited from the extra long post production time of season one. They might have ironed out some of the kinks and cut some of the ropey dialogue etc.
I think the looks were "oh shit we fucked this one up reaaaaaallly bad"

I agree that it probably needed a longer gestation period. I assume Nic P was under pressure to deliver from HBO. Woodraugh's scenes always make me cringe, and I think that's partly the dialogue and partly Kitsch's amateurish performance. The difference in quality between him and Farrell and McAdams is vast.

I think the looks were "oh shit we fucked this one up reaaaaaallly bad"

I agree that it probably needed a longer gestation period. I assume Nic P was under pressure to deliver from HBO. Woodraugh's scenes always make me cringe, and I think that's partly the dialogue and partly Kitsch's amateurish performance. The difference in quality between him and Farrell and McAdams is vast.

Yeah that was my other thought when watching the latest episode - "they really should have cut one of these lead characters".

I totally agree with cutting Woodraugh, the character and acting aren't up to scratch - unless there is an amazing payoff or twist with that character it'll have been for nothing. Like if he is the crowman/cleaner for instance.

If by the end of the season you could edit out all his private life scenes and still have him work when with the rest of the cast I'd like to see that cut for sure.

Yeah that was my other thought when watching the latest episode - "they really should have cut one of these lead characters".

I totally agree with cutting Woodraugh, the character and acting aren't up to scratch - unless there is an amazing payoff or twist with that character it'll have been for nothing. Like if he is the crowman/cleaner for instance.

If by the end of the season you could edit out all his private life scenes and still have him work when with the rest of the cast I'd like to see that cut for sure.
It's weird casting and writing.

Wonder if Woodraugh is going to accidentally murder his man booty call in some kind of self hating rage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back