Trigger Warning (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If he knew anything about Dr Who he'd be complaining that currently the Doctor is being played by often two different women. And not only that,but one of them is not even white!!!! Shock horror!!!!

He'd also be aware that it is currently really good.

I had completely forgotten about Back to the Planet. I'm almost sure I saw them live somewhere

Where is the 90s nostalgia thread?
mostly the 90's is only good for nostalgia.
doesn't stand up in its own right after several stellar decades leading up to it. my generation was a bit crap.
What is this

No wonder everyone became a fucking Tory
BTTP were like a less good CHUMBAWAMBA. the whole crusty traveler thing was huge at the time.
the lyrics are mad, a bit like if Mary Whitehouse grew up in squat or something.

your pals the MANICS hated crusties? If I remember correctly.

If you did something stupid you were a dozy Arab in Dublin of my youth.

there's a particular type of causal racism that can exist without ever actually being exposed to people outside your own cultural group.
my granny had a hatred for the Japanese for example... (though i think that had to do with WWII)

Saying dozy Arab wasn’t consciously racist it was just a phrase kids said without thinking.

The actual racist shit picked up from the likes of Jim Davidson on TV and repeated to the two or three brown kids in the school? Yeahhh I don’t like thinking about that.

A white Irish guy I know is percieved as having dark skin and he has been know as N----r by almost everyone since his youth. once years ago my pal answered a phonecall from his mother looking for him the morning after a house party. she said she didn't know him and his mother eventually had to say the N word before she realised who his mother meant.

A white Irish guy I know is percieved as having dark skin and he has been know as N----r by almost everyone since his youth. once years ago my pal answered a phonecall from his mother looking for him the morning after a house party. she said she didn't know him and his mother eventually had to say the N word before she realised who his mother meant.
I know someone else who also goes by that nickname for being tanned. Not dark skin, just tanned.

"Allowed" is a funny word to use. I mean - you can choose to do whatever you like, but your actions have consequences.

I know someone else who also goes by that nickname for being tanned. Not dark skin, just tanned.
I was in college with someone who had that nickname cos he had black curly hair

Like @thumped says though - that stuff wasn't actually racist, we all thought American black people were cool as fuck. My aunt is married to a Yank, when we were little my brother was convinced he was black (he's not) because he thought "black" meant "cool American".

Saying dozy Arab wasn’t consciously racist it was just a phrase kids said without thinking.

The actual racist shit picked up from the likes of Jim Davidson on TV and repeated to the two or three brown kids in the school? Yeahhh I don’t like thinking about that.

yeah - I guess you're right.
and the few vietnamese and one indian kid I went to secondary school got constant low level shit. not all of it necessarily meant as an insult, just constant ignorance.

a friend of mine was known by the same nickname in secondary school, because he has slightly sallow skin, but thankfully the name died after we finished school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back